◘step 2

"This ain't love it's clear to see but darling stay with me..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Niall ran towards his locker, hurrying to keep all his things away to be able to go to the forest immediately. He won't deny, he'd been curious since yesterday about Zayn and now he wants to talk to him more. There's just something in the tan guy that draws him in and it's making him uncomfortable and at the same time fluffy and he doesn't like feeling this way, so he's determined to know that 'something'.

"Niall!" He looked around and saw Louis waving at him. The lad ran towards him, wearing a goofy smile.

"Hey Lou."

"Wanna come tonight?" Niall likes going to Louis' place even when it's a school day, but not now.

"I have some plans. Sorry."

"But Niall, it's been days!" The brown haired guy pouted and threw his arms in the air which made Niall chuckle.

"Sorry Lou. I'll make it up to you tomorrow." And he winked cheekily.

"Fine fine. I can see Mr. Grumpy Pants walking towards this way wearing his permanent frown."

Niall sighed dramatically and looked at Louis pleadingly, "Lou can you do me a favor and lure him away from here? I won't be able to go anywhere if he's always following me."

Louis looked from Niall and Harry, the Mr. Grumpy Pants, three times and rolled his eyes.

"Fine. You owe me two Horan."

"Remind me that tomorrow." And he kissed Louis on the lips for a second before running towards the opposite direction of where Harry is coming from.

Niall arrived at the place twenty minutes later, a pack of cigarettes on one hand and five cans of beer in a paper bag in another. He cautiously walked towards the big stone where he found Zayn yesterday but to his disappointment, the lad wasn't here yet. He huffed and sat down, lighting one of the cigarettes. He stared at nothing, puffing out smoke every now and then.

What should do?

I've been too excited to even thought about the possibility that he won't come. You're such loser Niall.

He would've had an awesome night with Louis but no, he chose this man he barely knew, basically a stranger, for a good time with Louis. What an idiot.

He opened the first can of beer and drank it. He drank, and drank and drank and finished it still with no sign of Zayn. He opened the second can of beer and lighted his fourth cigarette.

If he doesn't come by the time finished this, I'll leave.

He sipped and sipped. One more swing and the second can of beer will be done when he heard footsteps on the scattered leaves. He looked up and there he saw with a kinda hazy vision (because of beer) standing the none other than Zayn.

"Zayn my man!" He greeted, smiling goofily.

Zayn just stared at him blankly before saying, "You're drinking."

Niall laughed. "No shit Sherlock. Want some?"

Zayn shook his head no and lighted his own cigarette. Niall finished his second beer before opening another one.