◘step three

"When I'm with you there's no other place I'd rather be..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Niall parked his car and got out, earning stares from people in the parking area. He frowned, wondering what he did this time to get this much attention. He enjoy it, that's a fact but he still get weirded out sometimes. He started to walk inside the school when someone tumbles on him out of the blue making him almost fall face down first. He angrily looked at the person but before he can utter a word, Bubbles Delhin spoke rapidly.

"Niall babe! God I missed you so much! Where have you been? I haven't seen you for days! Ashton said you were too lazy to go to school last week and I thought you really are a badass! I mean, it's the first week of our senior year last week and you didn't attended! I thought-"

"Bubbles!" He snapped making the blonde girl stop. "Can you like take a breathe for a second? I can't even understand what you're saying!"

Bubs smiled sheepishly. "Right sorry."

"You have two things to be sorry for, please be specific."

She elbowed him on his side making him wince.

"I'm here to warn you, idiot! You should thank me instead."

Niall rolled his eyes before answering, "Warn me about what?"

She started to pick on her nails, a smug look on her face. "Well... I hope you still remember Ash-"

"Oh God." Niall cut Bubs as he realized what she is trying to say.

"I told you. See? If I haven't reminded you, you wouldn't have remembered!"

"Thanks Bubs. I'll get going now. See you around."

Niall ran inside the school grounds until he arrived on Ashton's locker and there he saw the lad taking out his things.

"Ashton!"

The Australian dude only looked at him before slamming his locker door close and turned away. Niall rolled his eyes. Here we go again. 

"Ashton please, don't be like that." He ran to keep up with Ashton but the guy still wouldn't acknowledge him.

He sighed and pulled Ashton's hand to stop him from walking.

"You're such a dick Niall." Ashton finally said and if stares could kill, Niall will probably be dead by now.

"I know."

Silence.

"Harry reckoned you were drinking and smoking last night."

"Yeah."

"You wouldn't even say sorry?" Ashton asked incredously.

"Okay fine, I'm sorry."

Ashton continued to stab him with his eyes so Niall sighed, ran his hands through his face and spoke up again. "Ashton please I'm really sorry. I swear I'm trying to stop drinking and smoking but I can't do that in just a short span of time."

"And you promised to come in school this Monday since you already skipped like the first whole week of senior year but Tuesday came and you're still not here!"

"Excuse me? I was here Monday afternoon. I was also here yesterday." Niall huffed.

"No you're not. God Niall I have almost all of my classes with you and you aren't there every single time yesterday! And you didn't even bothered to meet me after school last Monday?"