138. Seclusion

Time was passing as quickly as Wang Ling's cultivation was rising. Slightly over a month into Wang Ling's seclusion, Wang Ling had managed to reach level-4 of the nascent soul stage.

Upon reaching level-4 of nascent soul stag, his pace of devouring souls increased. From three days a soul to two and a half days.

Not everything was good though as the number of needed souls to reach the next stage had substantially increased as well. He now needed fifty souls to reach level-5 of the nascent soul stage.

A little over four months later, Wang Ling managed to raise his cultivation once again. This time though, it was not only his cultivation that had a substantial increase.

His bloodline, more specifically his Holy Lord bloodline had a significant leap into denseness and strength. Finally conquering the eighteenth bell of heaven, Wang Ling finally conquered the second layer of heaven.

With his advancement, a reflection of his nascent soul happened. And his nascent soul that only had two pairs of wings and a single halo changed and formed another halo. After a while of change, it reflected his current self and became a four-winged two haloed nascent soul.

His second halo had formed. Upon creating the second layer of heaven, the Wang Family experienced a bright day and the denseness of qi became more apparent. Wang Yue happened to break through to Earth Root Stage that day.

Wang Ling continued his cultivation and used seventy-five souls to raise his cultivation to level-6 nascent soul stage. He only used five months to achieve such a massive leap.

Now, he was at level-6 of nascent soul stage, the number of souls needed to reach the next level had once again spiked up to 125 souls. Wang Ling only used over six months to reach level-7 of the nascent soul stage.

It had already been a year and three months since his seclusion. He entered seclusion in the 6th month of the previous year and now, it was already the 9th month of the next.

Wang Ling was not aware of the time passing, his mind and his will were too enamored with cultivation. His hunger for power was growing stronger as time passed, and as his cultivation continued to rise, so did his powers.

Circulating his cultivation techniques, Wang Ling's cultivation was improving at a tremendous rate. His Extreme Yin Yang Art was beginning to take form and was unifying his hellish qi and angelic qi as time went on.

The pain he feels as he cultivates the Extreme Yin Yang Art led him to refine his body and burning away the impurities that remained. Slowly, Wang Ling was being reborn. His fleshly body was being transformed.

Now, Wang Ling's previously still-human body was becoming more and more inhuman as time went on.

Wang Ling's cultivation continued to soar, even before he began devouring souls, his cultivation was increasing. As he reached level-7 nascent soul stage, he also began devouring blood of spirit beasts and their beast cores, he devoured those who were more attuned to the devil path thereby increasing his True Devil Bloodline.

However, even after devouring everything he had in stash, Wang Ling's bloodline didn't experience and major upgrade. However, his cultivation managed to improve to late-level-7 nascent soul stage so all was well.

Wang Ling devoured seventy more souls to reach level-8 of the nascent soul stage. Wang Ling took another seven months to reach this level.

His Light Bearer innate skill was allowing him to absorb qi around him more efficiently and with the addition of another halo, his absorption improved by a fold.