52. Should he or Should he not do it?

Wang Ling came to know of their names as they ate. He already had a vague idea of who is which when he got the paper from the Mission Hall.

As the four of them ate in silence. Lu Lin, the matured looking senior of the inner circle noticed the strange behavior of Zi Lian, the young girl from the sect.

She saw the worry and on guard status of Zi Lian and immediately understood why she was acting like so when she traced her line of sight. The girl was warry of Wang Ling, and it should have been caused by the numerous 'bad' stories she had heard about Wang Ling.

Zi Lian was a late-energy palace stage cultivator at such a young age of 16. Her mind was still immature and couldn't really see through the rumors that had been circulating all over the entire academy.

The rumors and stories about Wang Ling was not only about him 'brutally' beating up female students when they so much as look at him, there was also another story that he rapes women in secret.

This kind of absurd stories were spread by the defeated students. They couldn't beat Wang Ling in an upfront battle so they wanted to beat Wang Ling this way. In just a short few days, stories about Wang Ling's 'misdeeds' circulated all over the academy.

Some believed it while others didn't. Well, either way, it didn't really matter much as Wang Ling never paid any attention about his reputation in the first place.

Lu Lin gracefully turned to Wang Ling and smiled alluringly. She found the situation funny but for the sake of the mission, she wanted to clear the misunderstanding here and now.

"Junior brother Wang, I have heard many stories about your 'exploits' inside the other circle of the academy and I just want to confirm if you really chose to beat up those women opponent you had without mercy."

Wang Ling raised his head to Lu Lin and answered her question in full earnest.

"Yes I did."

It was an unexpected straightforward answer that even caught Lu Lin and Fang Guan, who was sitting beside Wang Ling in silence. He inwardly smiled as he realized that this man who had beaten his cousin was truly not ordinary.

Lu Lin's mouth twitched. She didn't expect him to be so direct and forward about his intentions that he would actually answer her with honesty. She know that Wang Ling was aware of her intentions in her asking that question so why couldn't he just went along?

Wanting to say something, Lu Lin was about the question Wang Ling once again so she can somehow salvage the situation, but Zi Lian's voice erupted before she could say anything.

"Despicable." Zi Lian's face looked at Wang Ling with anger in her eyes. She couldn't believe that this man was so shameless that he would actually admit such acts without a hint of shame found in his voice.

Wang Ling turned to Zi Lian this time and shook his head. It would seem that the team wasn't really that silent as a kid managed to get in and is throwing a tantrum already. He really just wanted to ignore her and have her hate him along the way, but it would irritating to hear her constant yapping along the way so he chose to confront her.

"What do you mean by that little girl?"

Zi Lian's mouth twitched as she heard Wang Ling's words and immediately erupted in anger.

"Show some respect, I am student of the inner circle and had joined the academy earlier than you so you better treat as your senior. To call me l-little only reflects more about your hateful behavior." Zi Lian was apparently angered by Wang Ling's choice of words.

"What is wrong about calling a little girl, little girl? If you argue that you entered the academy earlier so I must show you respect then you better respect me as I have entered this world far longer than you did. Show this elder brother of yours the respect he deserves."