86. Mixing

Back then, there were two forces known as two opposites. The Devil Race and the Holy Race. These two forces had fought each other since the time of the Nine Chaos.

They inhabit two opposing realms, Heaven and Hell. They can never get along and the hopes of having them coexist were slimmer than the chance of catching a Dragon that happened to be the God of all beast jerking off on some ordinary campsite.

This kind of analogy was vulgar, but the idea of the Holy Race and Devils coexisting was technically as distasteful and impossible. Even if a member of each race produces an offspring from an unholy union of the two opposing sides, harmony in qi and blood can never be hoped to achieve.

However, what if such a thing could happen? What if the God of Devils, the [True Devil God] and the Lord of the Holy Race, the [Holy Overlord] coexist in one body and became one? Or at least their bloodlines and qi to substitute their missing presence.

Such a thing was unimaginable and blasphemy for the two races. But one mortal was trying to do just that even without his knowledge.

Wang Ling was trying to mix the two opposing forces and power inside his body for him to live.

The equilibrium he got when he used his supreme spirit qi as and human bloodline as a dividing border to his [Angelic Qi] and [Hellish Qi] was flimsy.

The line could snap at any moment if any kind of external force was to shake his psyche. If those lines snap, the conflict with the two opposing power will occur again. And if such a thing happened in the middle of a battle, Wang Ling can only imagine the result.

With that predicament, Wang Ling has no choice but to pick between two options. Either, first, ignite one of his bloodlines and have it burn out and end up with a single bloodline.

Although it was practical, the consequence of burning out his bloodline will result in being unable to use that power in this life.

The second option was simpler, force the two opposing power together and form a true and stable equilibrium. These risks in him having his meridians ruptured and having to cultivate all over again.

There was also the chance of exploding and dying if this idea failed. Wang Ling being the man who sought after power even sacrificing his life just to get a glimpse of a new era did not have to think twice before deciding on the second option.

Power is only bestowed by those who seek it. Wang Ling was thousands of years old, his minds had already been tempered by many dangerous events.

He was calm and collected, only risking it if he sees a benefit in the end. If the benefit is good enough, Wang Ling will risk everything in order to obtain the said benefits.

This time, the benefits dangling in front of him was too good to be ignored. To risk his life to obtain power was his way of living. The feud of two opposing powers that cannot be quelled by time will be controlled. Wang Ling will reach the apex, and he will give anything to reach it.

Wang Ling has yet to come out of his black and white cocoon. He waited for the tribulations to come and his mind was on edge.

He waited and waited, and finally... he could feel it coming. The Mini World trembled as the barrier set up by the Holy Race was torn apart. The qi from heaven dissipated as the Mini World appeared.

Boom!

An explosion followed as a thick lightning bolt struck his cocoon and disintegrated it into nothingness. Wang Ling's body bathed in lightning. His bloodlines activated, his two pairs of black feathery wings popped out of his back and a golden halo appeared floating on the back of his head.