43. Vicious!

Jiang Wen saw his student getting injured and anger welled up the instant he saw blood. He was not expecting something like this to happen. He wanted to step forward and take Tian De away but he noticed that Tian De's spirit qi was beginning to rise.

His student was angry. When he felt that his student was angry, Jiang Wen knew that the situation was starting to escalate.

[I better step forward right before Tian De kill this arrogant brat.

But then again, this one-armed swordsman has his own protector. I better focus on Tian De rather than caring for that arrogant brat,]

As blood spurted out of the wound that was inflicted by Wang Ling. Tian De was in a state of bewilderment as he did not know what had happened. He stopped on his tracks as his right knee landed on the ground.

Looking down, he saw blood trickling out of his wound. He touched the wound on his face and felt the warm blood on his fingers. His face paled but soon turned red from anger.

He was injured. He was injured by someone weaker than himself. He was injured by a sky root stage ant. His face was profusely breathing but that cannot compare to the injury he had received mentally.

He could still remember those cold eyes that were filled with disappointment and contempt. Those words that belittled his strength he had trusted to defeat his the opponent in front of him was something that reverberates in his ears.

'He held back.' those were the words that was whispered under Wang Ling's breathe but he was so close to him that he managed to hear it without a problem. It was a word that not meant to insult him but he still felt insulted nonetheless.

So what if he held back when he attacked? He was an energy palace cultivator while this one-armed swordsman was nothing but a sky root stage ant. When he held back the strength behind his sword enough to handle any early-energy palace cultivator.

[I... lost? This is impossible.]

He was a genius who could fight a normal late-energy palace stage cultivator. Even if held back, how could he lose to someone who didn't even use a single martial technique?

[I don't accept this! That was just a fluke! I am strong and the only reason why I was injured is because I was underestimating this brat... that's it, I was underestimating him!]

Tian De consoled himself as he looked up only to see Wang Ling was not there. He looked for him and saw him in front of him with his back turned. He was disregarded.

Anger was rising in his heart.

Crack! Crack! Rumble!

The clear sound of lightning crackling echoed and the rumbles of thunder followed shortly after. A terrifying surge of spirit qi came out of Tian De's body as he slowly got up from the ground. He grasped his sword tightly as he called out to Wang Ling.

"Where the f.u.c.k are you going!? You have not beaten me yet!"

Wang Ling felt the surge of spirit qi behind and turned to look over and saw Tian De that was glaring at him full of battle intent. His heart began to throb as a lot of killing intent was directed at him.

He smiled and took out the sword that had already be kept away after injuring Tian De. He had thought that Tian De was already done when he cut his face, but it seemed like this genius of the Piercing Heaven Academy has the will to continue.

Getting ready to step forward, Wang Ling was feeling ecstatic. But then, he heard a voice float over his ears.

"First Young Master, please back away and let me handle this. It is too dangerous so can please step back."