Chapter 13

Moments later of just staring in nothing, I finally gain myself and my things for the travel.

I still didn’t know where we are going. As far as I know his Mom decided the place. All I know is that we’re going to stay there for a week.

After packing I went to the kitchen just to see him preparing the table.

“You’re here already. I thought of calling you after I prepared as most girls pack like a whole day” he said and I am shock to see him smile, not wide by you can clearly distinguish the curve line in his mouth.

“Will I am not most of the girls” I said and laugh before seating beside him and started eating.

“May I ask something?” I said after a minute.

“Yeah go on”

“Are you always cold? Uhm…you know having a cold look. No offense but smiling is good on you” I said very caution as I may offend him. But he just shrug his shoulder and continue eating.

“I don’t know. It must run in our blood. Mom said my dad is very like me” he said and I just nodded.

Wow now if I think about it we’re somewhat similar. The cold attitude runs in their blood and the photographic memory I inherit.

“By the way, do you know where are we going tomorrow?” I ask taking my plates and putting it in the sink after eating.

I look at him and saw him cleaning the table.

“Italy, mom already arranges everything. She’s really excited doing it” he said and saw his lips curve upward a little bit.

So he has a soft spot for his mother.

“Yeah I notice” I said at him and started doing the dishes.

“You can leave the plates there. Someone is going to come and do it” he explain leaning beside me.

“Not really a big deal” I said shrugging and continue doing it. In the end he help me drying the utensils and take it back to their places.

“Can I ask what did you do in Luis’ place?” he ask and when I look at him he look everywhere but not in my eyes.

His weird.

“And why would I tell you?” I ask him raising an eyebrow. This time it catches his attention and look directly in my eyes.

“Your my wife now so your my business” he said angrily.

“But it is just in paper. I know we talk about working this out but the thing is, the question is most likely a personal one and I am not ready to step on it” I said with a pleading look in my eyes.

“Right, I’m sorry” he said and quickly walk out the kitchen but before leaving he look back at me again.

“We leave tomorrow around 7 A.M” he said and leave.

I don’t know why I am so affected to his reaction but I let it slide.  I went to my room and open the journal after making sure the door is lock.

I open few pages and read it. It just about her life when she was in high school. I didn’t expect this journal to still be intact as this is really old. She talks about some important details until she is in collage.

Later that evening I yawn looking at the clock and was shock seeing that it is already eleven thirty in the evening. I look at the pages to see that I am still not in the middle of the journal.

I wanted to skip the pages to be able to read faster but I don’t know what to see or expected to read that is why I read everything that mom wrote.

I just decided to call it a night and decided to sleep after tucking the journal in the case I am bringing for the vacation.

I hope this vacation help to unwind. I don’t know what to expect though and I hope it will turn out great.

I woke up by the alarm in my phone. It is 6:30 in the morning. And I don’t have enough sleep and I know it is my fault.

I lazily drag my body to the bathroom and do my routines. I wrap the towel around my body and went out to the wardrobe but stop when my door instantly open. My eyes snap at the door where Brian is now standing shamelessly checking my look.

I grip the towel tightly around me and fake a caught to take his attention from my body.

“Eyes up here” I said.

“What are you doing here anyway?” I added.

“I thought you’re still asleep that’s why I decided to wake you up but I don’t think it’s needed” he said.

“Yeah obviously. Now can you leave so I can change?” I ask and he just shrug his shoulder but leave closing the door.

After changing and drying my hair I take my luggage and went to the living room.
Noticing my appearance he takes the luggage from me and give it to a driver that I just notice.

“Good to go?” he ask and I nodded.

We both get inside in his car. The driver takes us to the airport where his private jet is waiting to take us to Italy.

In no time we are in the airport boarding the plane. After taking a set I decided to take a nap as the ride takes a while. I was just woke up because of the tapping in my shoulder.

My eyes open to be greeted by the eyes with an almost the same color of the sky.

“We’re going to land” he said briefly and I nodded.

After we land another driver was waiting to us and brought us to the hotel suite.

We both went inside the elevator after checking in.

“Are you tired?” he ask and I just nodded to him.

I notice he talks a lot unlike the time when we are dating. Is this somewhat a different person? Okay that’s not funny.

“We are going to stay here for a week. Do you have plan on what to do here?” he ask when the elevator to our floor open and we both went exit the elevator.

“Let me remind you that you just told me last night. So to answer your question, no. But if you have plans feel free to share” I said smirking at him.

I saw his lips slowly tug upward. Will isn’t he a softy?

“I don’t. Let’s just look what the week will bring to us” he said and we both enter to the suite.

Once we open the door my mouth hung open at the situation in front of us. Petals of red roses scattered in the floor, the most petals can be found in the king sized bed in the left side with a big heart pillow in the headrest with a text “Honeymoon”.

I saw Brian press his thumb and finger in the bridge of his nose. He looks frustrated.

This is awkward.

“I shouldn’t trusted her with this one” he mumble but I heard him.

“I think we should start cleaning or call a room service to take this away” I said not directly looking at him.

“Right”

After that awkward moment we both settle in and order breakfast or more like lunch. I am starving.