Chapter 30

Days past and Brian and I start to spend more time with each other although Brian still comes home late in the evening. We started staying in his room. My things was also transferred there.

George was also missing in action in the house, and I rarely see him. But he is very kind and sweet. He is like a brother I never have.

Although Brian doesn't like the sweet things he do to me. Brian is fun to tease sometimes but also scary.

Currently we are eating breakfast.

"Is the food good?" I ask as I also started eating.

"Yep, as expected from a chief" he said raising a thumbs up making me smile.

"By the way, aren't you going for work today?" I ask again.

"Nope, I'll be working at home, how about you any plans for today?" he ask back.

"I am thinking about painting in the garden" I said.

After eating we decided to wash our dishes.

"By the way, about the idea of me working, do you think you can me find me a vacant work in your accountancy department?" I ask while looking around.

"You want to be an accountant?" he ask and I nodded but he looks hesitant.

Of course he will be.

"Don't worry I also graduated with a degree in accountancy" I said but he still looks unconvinced.

"I actually have two course while in collage. But my father didn't know about this. He just know I am studying to be a chief" I explain.

"Why do you hide those things?" he ask but I just look away.

"Tell me amore" he said with a pleading eyes. I just sign.

"Can we just talk inside your room? I feel comfortable talking there" I said and he nodded, good thing we finish washing the dishes.

He hold my hand and guided towards his room. When we are inside I went to the couch and he seat beside me not letting my hand go which I am grateful for.

"I think you already know about my mom right? Dying when I was young. Actually from there my father treated me differently hence, why I build those high walls. I am afraid of letting someone in. My father treated my step-sister, Wendy as if she really is his daughter. Of course being young at those times I was jealous of her" I explain with a bitter smile plastered in my face.

"But then I actually get used to it and became what I am today. The envelop you saw in my room the first time we meet, that's the money I save in order to escape and leave. Even though I am working I don't even have enough for myself. I really want to become an accountant but my father said no and enroll me in another course" I explain and when I look at me looks very mad.

But I don't know why I felt like it wasn't because of me.

"You're so strong Glyn, and you doesn't deserve to experience those things your bastard of a father do" he said lifting my chin and making me look directly in his eyes.

"Please, don't hurt me" I whisper feeling my eyes burn.

"Never" he said and then felt his lips touch mine in a soft kiss.

I kiss him back with the same pace as him. I felt him bit my lower lip making me groan and he use that opportunity as he insert his tongue. He wrap his hand in my nape while I wrap mine in his hair.

We were kissing for I don't know how long and after that he kiss me one last time before saying that he is going to work in his room. I just nodded at him but before he left I pull his shirt making him stop in his track.

"The promise" I said while looking down.

"Don't worry, you will know later" he said making me look up seeing his genuine smile.

He kiss my forehead before leaving while I was there looking at the door where he just exited.

I went to the garden with my painting materials to calm me down. What happen later I will accept it. I may not have any plan but this is for the best.

I spend so much time in the garden and decided to go inside when I notice when it is past lunch time already.

I went into the kitchen only to see Tricia placing a mug of tea in a tray while giving it to the maid.

"To whom are for those tea? Is there a visitor?" I ask and Tricia nodded.

"Yes, Brian have his friends in his office. They are talking about work and stuff" she explained.

"Then let me take it" I offer and take the tray.

"No need, Glyn" she said looking panic.

"I insist, come on nothing is wrong" I said smiling towards her.

I actually insist more because of the way when she reacted when I offer to bring the teas.

I walk to the third floor and went towards Brian's office. I am about to open the door when I suddenly hear my name refraining myself from opening the door.

"Glyn can be our advantage you know. We can use her ability." I hear someone unfamiliar voice say.

"She's your wife, she may be do it. And think about it, the last Romanov. It may make us stronger, can create more valuable allies" he continue.

I was shaking after hearing that. He knows about me. Is that why he married me? When did he know?

I suddenly realize the picture I saw. Did he already know about me before?

I couldn't hear anything that is happening inside. My mind is clouded. Of course he just see me as a tool.

Trust my ass. He just wanted to use to me. I can't help the tears stream down my eyes.

The next thing I know the door open and their stood Brian who look shock and I don't know if my eyes just play a trick but I saw fear in his eyes. I realize that the tray fall and glasses broke on the floor.

It may slip my hand earlier as I was shaking from what I heard. I look at him with tears in my eyes and hurt was clearly visible as I experience a big betrayal. Much bigger than the betrayal I felt when my father chooses someone else child over me.

"You promise me" I said and tears didn't stop flowing.

"No, love listen I can explain" he said and started advancing towards me but I step backward.

"Stop, don't come near me" I said firmly.

"I was really a fool for giving my fucking trust to you. I trusted you. Is that why you really want this marriage to work?!" I shouted at him.

He keeps opening and closing his mouth about to say something but as if there is something that is stopping him.

I look at him to his friends inside the room that are all looking away.

"Don't you ever come near me again, and I will never be your puppet. You will never have your way with me" I said and run, running to I don't know where until I found myself outside the mansion premises.

I cry my heart out. The betrayal I feel is too much. I never felt so down like this. I trusted him so much. Why? Is everything he show is a lie?

I keep walking and walking and when I don't know where I am now anymore I take my phone and call the only one that I know really care about me.