Chapter 47

“Mr. Hawkins, I am so glad you came” Mr. Wolford said greeting us as we arrive at his wedding anniversary.

He led us to the garden where the event is taking place. The garden is decorated well. There are lights that were hang in the trees. Tables with a beautiful flowers in the middle. It’s also very lively with a live orchestra playing on the side.

“Of course, Mr. Wolford. And this is my wife, Glyn” Brian said taking me back in the current conversation.

“Hello” I greeted the couple back.

“Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. This is a little gift from us” I said handing the box and his wife takes it giving me a smile.

“Thank you so much” she replied.

“You’re welcome”

“Please enjoy yourself” Mr. Wolford said and we nodded.

We went inside and talk to other investors that are present.

“Enjoying yourself Hawkins?” a very familiar voice said from behind us.

Turning around seeing Gustavo with a glass of wine in his left hand while his other hand wrap around a red head woman who has a very thick make up. She looks like an evil witch with how long her eyeliner.

Brian wrap his arm around me protectively before answering him.

“Of course I am, I hope you also enjoy yourself” he said.

“But looks like you would enjoy the party more tonight” he added looking at the red head on his arms and the evil of a bitch send a flirtiest wink to Brian as if I am invisible to her.

Gustavo glare with Brian. Sensing a tension between the two the man around us earlier leave not wanted to be stuck to an unspoken fight between this two.

“Bastardo. You think I wouldn’t not know what you were doing lately? Snatching allies from me now?” he said with a hatred lace in his voice. (Bastard)

“I hate to break it to you but I don’t know what are you talking about” Brian simply say as takes a sip in his own drink.

I also wanted to drink but I don’t really feel good lately and I sometimes feel pain in my stomach when I drink alcohol.

“You will regret going against me” he said you can really notice that he is fuming with anger in his eyes but to the others it looks like they are conversing normally.

“Let me remind you that you go against me first. Threatening my wife” he answer.

“Please excuse us” Brian said leaving him there with a smirk in his face and when I look back Gustavo looks like ready to kill if only there is no one around here.

“He deserve it” I whisper smirking at his reaction.

This will make him learn who he really is going against with.

After few hours talking, smiling and walking we already decided to get back home. I actually feel really dizzy.

Entering our room I throw myself in our bed closing my eyes to lessen my dizziness.

“You okay, amore?” I hear Brian ask with concern.

“Yeah, just I little bit dizzy” I answer waving my hand in the air to indicate that it is nothing serious.

“This past few days you’re not feeling okay. Should I just call a doctor?” he ask again.

“I’m fine honey. Don’t disturb a doctor it is already late” I answer rolling in the bed.

“Fine, but tomorrow I will ask a doctor to check you up in case” he said and I just nodded my head.

“Words amore”

“Okay, whatever” I answer too tired to argue with him.

He walk in the closest and after he came back he has another shirt in his hands.

“At least change your clothes” he said and started unzipping my dress.

I just let him be. It’s not like he never saw me naked before.

After changing me in his clothes he takes my make-up remover and started removing my make-up.

After he was done I smile at him.

“Thanks, babe” I said and he sent me a heartwarming smile.

He went to the bed beside me as he wrap me in his arms, my head resting in his naked chest.

“Sleep tight, mia regina” he whisper kissing my forehead making me smile. (My queen)

~*~*~*~*~

I am already eating breakfast with Brian. George is in the base right now.

They are actually tracking Gustavo on where is his hide out. The threats keep coming. Sometimes it contains blades that I was once cut because of it. Brian was enrage and ever since then he won’t let me take and open any package that is coming in this house and let others open it first before giving it to me.

“The doctor will come later” Brian informed and I just nodded.

“Though it is really necessary?” I ask whining as I eat a mouthful of food.

“Yeah and I don’t want to hear any buts” he said and look at me as if he challenge me to answer him back.

I just continue eating. After eating breakfast Brian went to his office to fix something while I came back in our room to change my clothes.

Going down in the living room I saw a guy in a white coat with another guy by his side.

Well I guess that is the doctor and beside him must be a nurse to assist him. Brain is also with them. Sensing my presence Brian look back seeing me descending the stairs.

I went beside him and introduce me to them.

“This is Mark, our family doctor. He will be the one to check up on you today, this is my wife, Glyn” Brian introduce.

After a short introduction the check-up follow which will only be some questions.

“So, what maybe the reason?” he ask.

“It’s just this past few days I was not really feeling well, I sometimes get nauseous, dizzy and get tired easily” I explained and the doctor nodded while Mike, the guy beside him write something in a piece of paper.

“When was the last time the two of you have sex?” he ask making me blush.

“Is that really necessary?” I ask but before he can even answer, Brian answer his question.

“The night yesterday” he answer without even any emotion in his face and out of embarrassment I lower my head.

What is the need to know that anyway?

“And the last time you got period?” by his question I suddenly lifted my head counting the days when my last period came.

Realizing I am really late I somehow get the idea.

“Second week of the month” I said slowly looking at him and he nodded seeing that I must have realize what he wanted to confirm.

“Can we have you blood sample?” he ask and I nodded but Brian stop him.

“And the blood sample is for?” he ask with a stern voice making the doctor step back.

“It is actually to confirm what is wrong with her. The result will be ready later so I will come back here later in the afternoon” he explain and even though Brian look unsure I just nodded the doctor to take my blood.

I have actually have an idea already though. But I don’t want to tell Brian about this. I’ll just wait for the results.

I hope he won’t be mad or something. But I am actually excited. I am so stupid not to notice this changes in me.