Chapter 60

It has been weeks since we learn the gender of the baby. I still keep in touch with Jess and told her about the baby.

She’s so excited for the day the baby arrive and I think so is everyone else. We still keep the baby a secret though. It is hard to hide it as my belly started growing big but loose t-shirts and jackets can do the job.

I am actually planning on telling Jess about the mafia when she come to visit again. She actually plan on visiting in two weeks.

This past few days I feel like I am being watched whenever I went outside. After telling this to Brian he immediately double my guards and decided that we stay in the base as it is safer.

And because we decided to stay in the base the security tighten as the number of guards double.

Whenever I went to work Brian always accompany me even though he have other meetings outside the company’s office.

I am currently reading a book in my and Brian’s room in the base as he talk with George and other underbosses. And he as usual doesn’t want me there but make sure to inform me what they have talk about.

I am surprise when I first meet most of Brian’s underbosses that came early as most of them are really well-known business man, artist and models.

One I really recognize is Chloe Sanchez, she’s a beautiful model with her own accessory company. She just recently taken over her father’s position as the underboss in the mafia. The position is supposed to be to her younger but as the eldest child and she wanted to, she take over.

It was also a surprise as she is also respected as one of the best assassins. With her killer body, height, beauty and innocent looking face she can seduce anyone she wants.

And when I say anyone, like what Marco have told me.

Though she is kind and sweet, you wouldn't even think she have something big to hide, but not when she holds her favorite gun, she's scary

The door open in my room and Brian enters. Looking at the time in the bedside table it is already thirty minutes past 9.

“How was the meeting?” I ask closing the book I am reading after placing a book mark and place it in the bedside table.

“Everyone is on the lookout of Gustavo but still no sign of him.  But they promise a cooperation if ever a big war is coming” he said taking off his necktie and taking of his long sleeves.

“We’ll continue this later but for now I will take a shower wanna join?” he ask leaning towards me but I just laugh at him and push him away.

“No thank you, I just finish taking a shower” I said.

But I know it would be more than just a shower.

“Your lost” he said and went to the bathroom but look at me again winking before closing the door.

“I’ll just leave the door unlock if ever you change your mind” he shouted from the bathroom.

“Pervert” I whisper taking the book I am reading earlier and continue reading as I wait for him to finish his shower.

I keep reading the book when I heard the bathroom door open.

“The underbosses that came earlier, are they staying here for the night?” I ask and this time I look up seeing him only in his towel covering his lower body. Drops of water still drip from his hair to his body.

“Like what you see?” he ask teasingly with a smirk in his face but I just smirk back at him.

“And what if I do like the view right now?” I ask but leaning my back in the headboard of the bed and keep staring at him.

“Such a temptress” he said wetting his lower lips with his tongue.

“Just change with your clothes already” I said.

“Fine, as if you don’t want to see me roaming in the room naked” he said and change his clothes.

But I am actually tempted. Him roaming around our room naked just for my eyes to feast is not that bad.

Okay I should stop. This just must be my hormones as I am pregnant. Bad mind.

After a few moments the bed beside me dip indicating he is already finish changing.

I place the book again in the bedside table and turn towards him.

He’s just wearing a loose pants without a shirt.

“So?” I ask looking at him and he just raise his brows at me.

“So what, amore?” he ask looking at me suggestively.

“I don’t meant that, you perverted mind” I said rolling my eyes at him.

“Stop rolling your eyes, you know you look so fucking sexy when you’re sassy” he said smirking at me.

I sometimes really hate those smirk of him. He really looks sexy. But most of the time it his suggestive look.

“So, are the underbosses that came are staying here tonight?” I ask diverting the topic.

“Yes, some of them though as others have their hotels just nearby” he answer and I nodded.

“What’s with the surprise meeting anyway?” I ask again as I learn from Marco that Brian ask for a meeting with his underbosses on a short notice.

“I just wanted to finish everything with Gustavo, finalizing the biggest shipping we have plan for a half a month now and the distribution of new guns from new materials that came” he explain and I nodded.

“Must be really hard” I said and he just nodded.

“So I am actually thinking that maybe…” he said and before he can even finish it I already know it.

“No, I am tired” I said looking at him sternly.

“And hungry” I added with a giggle making him also laugh.

“Let’s go downstairs, others might be already in their room” he said and I nodded.

“But just in case wear a shirt” I said and he nodded.

He wore a shirt and we went downstairs together.

“What do you want to eat?” he ask making me think for a second.

“Anything sweet” I answer.

“Or maybe any fruits deepen in chocolate, or ice cream” I said still thinking what’s more fitted combination.

“Let’s just see what we can make downstairs” he said smiling and I nodded.

Arriving at the kitchen, Chloe is there with another man I don’t know and it looks like they are in a heated discussion. Chloe looks so angry while the man looks so pleased in her reaction.

“What’s happening here?” Brian ask breaking their moment and both at us.

“Boss” they both said as we enter the kitchen.

Their eyes went towards me about to also greet me when all of the sudden a loud noise was heard from outside.

Brian immediately wrap his hands around me protectively, while I wrap my hands around my belly.

“What’s happening?” he ask.

“I’ll go check it out boss” the guy said.

“Okay Leon” Brian said and the Leon guy went.

Another loud noise is heard from outside and now Chloe take a knife from her boots and already on her guard.

A guy came in the kitchen catching his breath before speaking.

“Boss, we are under attack” he said making me go cold.

No, not now.

I wrap my hands tighter around my belly protectively.