Chapter 19

Glyn's POV

It's almost night and I haven't seen Brian since we came to this mansion.

I find out that his room is only just across from where I am staying and I don't have enough courage to bring myself to look if he is already in his room. That night a maid just serve me dinner in my room as I told her that I prefer eating in my room.

Tomorrow I just decided to tour the big mansion and Tricia, the maid that serve me dinner said she didn't mind. I check the time and it is eight in the evening. Without nothing else to do, I walk towards my bag and flip my baggage until I saw my mom's journal. I also lock the door to make sure no one will enter the room randomly.

After seeing that everything is fine I open the journal and continue reading it.

I keep reading the book until I came to an odd entry.

06/17/19**
I am looking at some paper today when I saw something strange. Outside the envelop it has a sealed that looks like some type of a bird. When I open it, it has something to do with an illegal activities, drugs and some distribution of illegal fire arms.

Under the letter she sketch the symbol she saw. It is the symbol I saw in my father's office.

I continue reading and my heart started to beats fast

06/22/19**
Today I went to my uncles house and saw that it was abandoned. After they married me off I didn't have any contact with them but it works good to me, but now seeing that house is empty I know something is really strange. They may not show their love or care for me but I know they somehow love me. I went inside the house and everything is in place. I went to search the rooms and saw a burn paper in my uncle's office. The only words that can be read are
"burn every information about her and leave. Make sure no one finds out. Keep her safe"
At first I don't understand but as I keep looking I found out that, that letter pertains to me.

07/04/19**
Today I went to Luis and ask him if he can help me find out about those letters. And have a background check about me and my uncle. But he said like always, he didn't find anything. That time I thought of hiring someone but what if that someone I hire well also sell the information about me.

07/09/19**
While walking around the market I meet a young lady, she said that I look familiar and she showed me a picture of a woman who is very much like me. I ask her about who she is and her name is Bella Romanov her friend she meet from Italy.

I continue reading the journal until it came where mom find that my father is working as a mafia. She saw his messages and letters and find out that those symbol are symbol of a mafia called the phoenix. A well-known group in America.

I was startle by a knock on the door. I close the journal and hide it under my pillow before going to the door as it keeps knocking non-stop.

I angrily open the door only to find out a very tired looking Brian. I look at him weirdly.

"Are you sleeping? Did I disturb you?" he ask and I just shake my head.

"No, I am just about to sleep" I answer and his brows furrow.

"It's almost midnight, what are you doing?" he ask making my eyes widen and go get my phone in the nightstand checking if what he said is true.

And his right, it's almost midnight. I have been reading for almost four hours? It's like I am reading for an hour not hours.

"I can't just sleep, that's why I am watching some movies. And how about you? Why are you still up?" I ask diverting the topic to him.

"Work stuff. I might not be also here tomorrow if you need anything just tell one of the body guards to take care whatever it is. And don't leave the house without telling me" he warn and I just raise my brows.

"You know you can just send me home"

"No, you're staying here and we are going to go back home together. Understand?" he ask and I just heave sign. He talks as if he is my father.

"Fine" I answer and went to the door motioning him to go out. He walks out the door and I close and lock it again.

I dive the bed and look up in the ceiling. My mind went back to what I have read. There is really one thing I know for sure. That mom may not know who are her real parents or it is just her mother that she didn't know.

I haven't notice what time I drifted to sleep. I just woke up by the knock on my. Without checking my face or anything I lazily open the door and meet Tricia.

"Good morning mademoiselle" she greeted.

"Breakfast is served in 10 minutes" she added an di just nodded.

"I'll be there" I said. She smiles at me and bow before leaving.

I close the door and went to my luggage to find a comfortable clothes to wear for today.

I went to the bathroom and went to my morning routine. After I look much more descent than the time I woke up I leave the door and meet a very long hallway.

Crap I don't know my way to the dining room. I just huff and walk towards the hallway when that I remember on our way to room but I think it is not that easy. The walls are just like the same. They have a very similar design. The pillars are also the same.

I just walk around until I bump to someone. And I thank the heaven when I am meet by another maid, and you can clearly distinguish her as a maid base on clothes. They are similar to what Tricia wear.

Obviously it is their uniform though.

"I'm sorry, may I know which way is to the dining room?" I ask calmly but the woman just look at me up and down.

"Do you understand English?" I ask again and when she shakes her head no I sign. I just nodded and dismisses her.

No I need to find my way to the dining room when I can't even speak Italian. I now regretted not taking my classes in foreign language my father wanted for me to attend.

I am just walking around when I saw Tricia and I immediately went to her.

"Thank goodness I saw you. I don't know what to do to find my way in this big house or more like mansion" I said clinging in her arms and she just laugh at me.