Chapter 38

Brian and I are currently eating breakfast. He said that the guy caught yesterday still doesn’t talk so he is going to pay for a visit and try if he can let him speak.

I insist in also going but he said that I shouldn’t and when I ask why he just said because. A stupid response that is why I keep glaring at him while he eat.
“Come on, babe I can’t eat with the way you look at me. I feel like you are going to devour me any moment” he said.

“But on the contrary, devouring me isn’t so bad” added while wiggling his brows.

“Stop, talking dirty to me. Why can’t you just tell me the reason why I can’t come with you? He can’t do anything with me because you are there if that is what you are worried about” I said irritated making him sigh.

“It’s not that, I just don’t want to see the most evil way in the how to make someone talk” he said realizing that he meant torture.

“Fine” I said making him smile while taking as sip of his morning coffee

“Then how about teaching me how to use a gun?” I said cheerfully making him choke in his coffee.

I stand from my seat and about to help me when he raise his hand stopping me while still coughing.

“Are you okay?” I ask worriedly and he nodded.

“Teach you how to use a gun? Why?” he ask raising a brow.

“Will, you know in case something like that me happen again, at least I know how to protect myself” I explain.

“I will protect you” he said.

“But, you’re not with me all the time. Come on Brian, it is for my safety right. And it is just taking a lesson how to use a gun. Remember I am already connected with a mafia from my family and now I am married to the known italian mafia” I said giving him a puppy look eyes.

I know, kind of gross in my age but I will do everything to make him agree with me and beside I don’t look like some shit anyway.

“Fine” he said in a sigh making me smile wider.

“Thank you babe” I said happily hugging him.

“But I am going to train you” he said and I nodded.

“You’re the best” I said with a huge smile on my face.

“Anything for you” he said kissing my forehead.

“Okay, let’s go. We have still an office work to do. And your shooting training will start after dinner in one of our base here” he said and I nodded again.

We both prepare to go to work and I am very happy. Things really are different between us unlike before.

I think it is also because of the confession we have. But we still haven’t talk about it. Like talk anything about it since we became very busy. But I am hoping that we kind of talk about it.

The day goes smoothly and before I even know it the office hours is already over.

I bid goodbye with everyone and went to Brian’s office.

His secretary told me that he is also leaving, just fixing his staff. I thank him before going inside Brian’s office to see him ready to leave.

He look up seeing me at the door.

“Ready to leave?” he ask giving me a smile. I nodded at him.

We exit the building together towards the parking lot.

“What do you want for dinner?” he ask while turning the ignition on and started driving.

“Anything” I said looking at him.

“Okay, I have this idea that I hope you would like” he said.

“And that is?” I ask leaning my back to the door of the car looking at him. But he just shrug his shoulder.

“I hope you don’t forget that you’re teaching me how to use a gun after this” I said raising my brow at him.

“Of course I don’t, that is why after dinner we are going straight to the base. There is an area there where you can practice” he said.

“I’m so excited”

“You look like a kid when you are excited” he said teasingly.

“But you like this kid right?” I answer him back only to realize what I just said.

When I look at him he look very serious. He turn off the ignition and that is when I realize that we already in a restaurant.

“Let’s go. I’m hungry” I said to avoid what I said but before I can open the door I felt his hands in my wrist making me look at him.

“I don’t like this kid…” he said as he lean forward towards me.

“I love her” he whisper feeling his lips brush my earlobe making me shiver.

He pulls from me seeing a blush creep in my cheeks.
“Of course, because I am irresistible” I said not looking at him directly in embarrassment.

I get off the car to avoid him. He loves me. He just admitted it, as if it was nothing. Does he really mean it?

An arm wrap in my waist and looking up I saw Brian with a wide smile in his face.

“I mean what I said amore” he said kissing the side of my cheeks.

“I love you too” I whisper looking at the ground.

Damn why I am so nervous. He can easily admit his feelings for me, why can’t I?

“What did you say?” he ask confuse and I realize that he didn’t hear it.

“I said I am really hungry” I said instead and pull him inside the restaurant.

He really change, as if he is a different person I meet before. He is more sweet and caring and I love it.

We finish our dinner and went to the base. I also learned that it was the same base where the guy that trailed me was caught.

I ask him if I can see him but he said no making me pout. I don’t see anything wrong seeing him.

We arrive at his base and it was completely different from what I imagine. I thought it was an abandoned building or something but it was a mansion, just a little smaller from the one he have in Italy.

“Wow” I said looking amaze at the structure of the place. You won’t really think that it was a base of some mafia shit.

“Boss, Queen you’re here” I hear a familiar voice said.

“Marco, you’re here” I said looking surprise and beside him is Dante.

“What are they doing here?” I ask Brian who is beside me wrapping his arms in my waist.

“They are here to help to find the location of the bastard who keep sending those letters” he said and I nodded.

“Well then, let’s proceed to your training” he added and I nodded we bid goodbye to the two before promising to hang out together some time.

We went to the shooting range at the back of the mansion and he teach me the parts of the gun then on how to hold and fire a gun.

I keep shooting the target board until I feel exhausted and my hands a little sore from shooting and because of the force of the gun when I fire.

“Not bad for a first timer” Brian complemented when he saw the target board.

I smile at him.

“Of course, I have the best teacher” I answer back.

We take a little break before going to practice again.