Chapter 49

Marco look at me in panic but before he can even see who is calling I immediately answer it before I could make more sin.

“Hello my friend, how are you?” I answer with a very cheerful voice I have.

“YOU BITCH, WHY DIDN’T YOU ANSWER YOUR PHONE. I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR HUSBAND BUT THAT COULD KEEP YOU BUSY BUT THE RULE OF ANSWERING MY CALL IS STILL INTACT!”

I immediately take my phone away from my ear and I can still hear her voice.

Jess is really scary when you won’t pick up your phone when she call. And even just a missed call is already a hell. A missed call and a message after is more than hell.

“Chill, girl. I am actually busy right now” I said as calmly as I can.

“YOU CAN HAVE SEX WITH YOUR HUBBY LATER YOU HOE”

My poor eardrums. She really is mad.

“I am not having sex you idiot. And why are you even mad, my poor eardrums” I said playing innocent.

“WHY I AM MAD? WHY? I TOLD YOU MANY TIMES TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE WHEREVER OR WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING. I HATE CALLING YOU REPEATDLY”

I am really positive that I will lose my hearing any moment now. Marco on my side looks like he just lost his soul and he is very stiff.

“Why did you call anyway?” I ask

“I HOPE YOUR MIND IS STILL INTACT AFTER YOUR SEX WITH YOUR HUBBY AND STILL REMEMBER THAT YOU’RE PICKING ME UP TOMORROW. AND I ALREADY TEXTED YOU THE DETIALS. SEE YOU ON YOUR FUNERAL TOMORROW”

After that she hung up while I lean in the wall to keep me from falling.

“That’s really scary” I mumble but I guess Marco heard me as I see him nodded.

“You’re right” he said agreeing nodding his head repeatey.

We both went to the kitchen and find something to eat silently. Looks like Marco is in trauma after what my very best friend did as he looks really pale.

“For someone in a mafia, you really are deadly scared by my friend” I mention as I bite an apple while he glare at me.

“Well, for your information, I am not really on field unless it is necessary. And when I say I am rarely on field I mean rarely as in twice or thrice a month or in two months as I am usually place on back up and just give locations and such” he reasoned biting angrily in his apple.

“Who was that anyway? I’m should avoid her as much as possible” he added when an idea pop in my head. I know I shouldn’t poke the bear but I really want to see his reaction seeing Jess.

“That’s my friend Jess as you know and the reason she called me was to remind me that I am going to pick her up tomorrow” I explain and he nodded until I added.

“And you’re coming with me”

“No freaking way!” he shouted standing up in his chair.

“What’s happening?” a cold voice said coming from the entrance of the kitchen and when we both look who is it although I already have an idea, Brian is in the entry way of the kitchen glaring at Marco with George and Dante on his back looking confuse.

“We were just discussing about picking Jess in the airport tomorrow” I explain before Marco can even speak.

“So, can I have a half a day off?” I ask looking at him.

“Yes you can, I am about to talk to you about your working hours anyway” he explained and I glare at him.

Of course he will become more protective to me now because of the baby beast.

“But Don, can someone escort her, I have actually more work tomorrow” Marco said.

“No way, I prefer you to be with me there. You don’t have much to do anyway than them” I said pointing at the two behind Brian.

“So you don’t want me to escort you?” Brian suddenly ask.

“No, it’s not like that” I explain immediately as I stood up from my seat and went beside him pulling him away from the group while Marco follow me with his glare but I just wink at him.

“Stop bullying them amore” Brian said when we were out of their hearing range.

“I am not. You shouldn’t accuse me of that darling” I said tracing my hands in his hands but he just raise his brows at me.

“Fine, I just actually want to see his reaction seeing Jess. She called me earlier and she is super mad because I didn’t answer her call and Marco just so happen to hear it even though it is not on loud speaker” I explain giggling at Marco’s reaction while Brian just smirk.

“Just don’t push him too much. He is a good worker” he said smiling and I laugh at him and raise my hand to salute at him jokingly.

“Yes sir”

After that we went back to the kitchen. They actually already ordered dinner which is good because I am really hungry.

We also decided to just stay in the base and just went back to the house tomorrow. We have our own clothes here anyway so it doesn’t matter.

Morning came. Brian leave early in the morning.

“Come directly in my office after you enter the company building” he said and I nodded.

It was already 8:30 and we are already on the road to the airport as Jess’ flight will arrive at exactly 9.

Arriving at the airport, Marco is already sweaty making me laugh at him.

“Stop messing with me, regina. I am already scared okay” he said making me laugh more at his misery.

“Chill, I know right now she is alright and calm. She doesn’t really like waiting when she call someone” I explain but it still doesn’t help him to relax.

“Then you should always check your phone, she might call you suddenly” he said and I just do what he said to calm him down.

After a few more minutes of waiting I saw my friend walking as if the airport is her very own fashion show with how she walk. After spotting me I wave at her and she quickly make her way towards me.

Looking at Marco to see his reaction I didn’t expect to see a very start struck Marco. He quickly fix his clothes and posture as Jess arrive.

“Welcome back, Jess” I said giving her a big hug and she did the same.

“Same, I’m really excited to be here again”

“By the way this is Brian’s friend, Marco and Marco this is Jessica or Jess my best friend” I introduce them.

“Nice meeting you” Jess said taking her hand out for a shake hands but this ass has more idea as he takes her hand and kiss it.

“It is my pleasure, my lady” he said.

“Let me handle you luggage” he added and takes her things bringing it in the car.

“His cute” Jess murmur.

“Really? Lame though, I really thought he would run immediately as soon as he saw you” I said making her look at me confuse.

“He heard you yelling at me on the phone and he is scared to death” I explain making her laugh.

“Really?” she ask and I nodded.

“He doesn’t look scared now does he?” she added while checking the guy.