Chapter 40

I am currently getting ready for the party George mention. I am wearing a black dress with a red lining on my waist and a big red rose design on my left hip.

Apparently there is a dress code and for this party it is red and black.

Brian told me that everyone in this party is involve in the underworld. So mostly everyone there is a mafia boss or a member of a mafia.

There is also a chance that Gustavo might also be there.

A few more minutes and I was finally done.

"Are you ready?" Brian ask and when I look at him he is leaning in the doorway in a black suit and red tie.

I smile at him and nodded.

"Yep" I answer.

"Remember what I told you, okay?" he said and I nodded again.

"Of course I would, you keep telling me that for like a million times already" I say and roll my eyes at him but he just snort at me.

"It is for your safety" he said.

"Okay, okay I get it. Just chill, I'm going to be fine. And beside you are there with me so I know I am going to be safe" I reassure him.

We descended the stairs together while his hands is in my back.

He help me get inside the car and we are already on the way to the venue. We will meet George in the venue.

"Why does Marco and Dante don't came in this kind of party?" I ask him while he drives.

"They don't like this kind of party and they are more focused on doing their real task than socializing" he explain.

"So they don't go to clubs?" I ask again.

"That's the only place they are willingly and excited to be" he said making me laugh.

We came to the venue and he parks his car before we both exited and went to the entrance of the venue.

Not even a single reporter is present. This kind of function you can have a reporter, but I guess there wouldn't really have any as this is for a scary guys.

As we enter the hall Brian wrap his arms around my waist. As we continue to go inside we take more and more attention. I don't mind the attention, it is just sometimes irritating but I can't blame them with the man beside me.

"Mr. Hawkins, welcome" an old man with a glass of wine in his hands came greeting Brian before his attention was turned towards me.

"And who is this beauty?" he ask with a very visible lust in his eyes.

I should really put in mind to stop my mouth to say nasty things as most of this guys here are scary and didn't hesitate to kill in any second.

"This is my wife, Glyn" Brian introduces making sure to emphasize the word wife.

After hearing who I am he immediately look back to Brian and then to me. The lust in his eyes gone and is now replace with fear.

"Nice meeting you" I said giving him a short smile.

"Ditto" he said and immediately excuse himself.

For the rest of the night we continue to converse to different people. George also join us and he is in a really serious mood like Brian. But in Brian's case he is always looking so serious.

I keep looking around and if I didn't know any better, this function looks so normal if you couldn't just hear thier conversation that is about illegal transactions.

"Will, let's just meet again Mr. Hawkins. It's nice doing work with you" the guy in front of us said.

"Likewise Mr. Adam" Brian replied and seal it with a handshake.

The cycle continues like that but didn't last long when all of the sudden George and Brian's look become darker than ever.

I look in front of us to see a guy in his late twenties with a woman clinging in his right. She is wearing a very tight red dress that shows her breast, curves and back with a very long slit on the left showing her long legs.

Brian again wrap his arms in my waist and I felt his body tense and I think the Adam guy notice this as he immediately excuse himself while the man takes his seat.

"Nice seeing you here, Hawkins" he greeted.

"I can't say the same, Salvador" Brian said in a calm but menacing tone.

I just then realize that this guy is Gustavo Salvador. The one who is sending those threatening letters.

"I see you bring the whore" Gustavo said looking at me or more like checking me out making me glare at him.

"Watch your words Salvador" Brian warn but he just shrug.

"You really are protective to her. But I can't blame you, she is a best asset a mafia can have" Gustavo said with a knowing smirk plastered in his face.

"How did you know about my family?" I ask this time.

"Oh this story is fun so you better listen very will" he said with a snicker.

"When I visited the mansion of the late Bella Romanov-Ricci, I saw this guy outside placing flowers and then a brilliant idea came in this smart mind. I thought that maybe he is somehow connected to the family and it turned out he really is. I tortured him asking his connection but he wouldn't give it away. I think I take about a month before he finally admitted everything. He is actually the one who save this last bitch's mother" he said looking at me.

My hands balled into fist. This guy, he talks about torturing someone as if it was nothing. How cruel. I know most mafia use the method of torture to get information to someone but coming from him? He is too much.

"And now you wanted her?" George ask and the latter nodded.

"And if not, I am afraid what will happen, but the worst would be that everyone would know about it here" he said pointing at me.

"No one can touch her, or take her away. And I warn you already to stay away from her" Brian said standing up taking me with him.

"Were leaving" he said and I nodded.

Brian talk to George before we left. The ride back to the house was very quiet. Brian look so tense.

Once we were inside our room in the house he quickly grab my hand taking me by surprise while he snuggle his face in my neck.

"I'm going to make sure you're safe, I promise you that" he said.

I pull away from him a little bit and place both of my hands in the side of his face.

"I know you would" I said smiling at him.

I feel like the time slows down as we continue to stare at each other's eyes.

"I love you Glyn, more than anyone in this world" he admitted making my eyes go wide.

He loves me. I feel myself tearing up with his confession. This guy, the scariest guy everyone plastered in every magazine and tabloid loves me. I can't be more happier.

"I love you too Brian" I replied and I saw how a very genuine and wide smile broke in his face.

His hands went behind my back kissing me. I kiss him back feeling how his soft lips move in sync with mine.

His hands starts roaming in the back of my dress. The kiss become more aggressive until I felt my back hit the mattress.

It was the most eventful time of my life. I feel his touch in every inch my body, the warm it gives me and the feeling of being safe.

Let's just say that it was the best and exhausting night.