Chapter 36

“Oh come on bro, don’t point that gun at me as if I am a criminal” George said while holding some the snacks he take at the cupboard.

I just sign and place the food in the table.

“Drop it now Brian” I said laughing while tapping his arms.

“What are you doing here anyway? And why didn’t you told me about you coming here?” Brian ask but dropped his gun after putting the safe of the gun back.

“Oh come on, so I can’t pop up here now whenever I want now that your wife is here? But when I think of it your right. I should have inform you, I might walk you guys in doing something” George said with a teasing grin in his face.

I take the thing nearest to me and throw it at him and sad to say it is just a pack of an unopened soft drink. But he has a good reflexes as he easily dodge it.

“Give me back the key I gave you in this house and spit it out already why you are here” Brian said impatiently.

“Okay okay. He said while he takes a key in his pocket and place it in the table. Brian quickly grab it making me laugh.

“And the reason I come here is this” he said and went to outside the kitchen making me raise my brow at Brian but he just shrug. We followed him in the living room.

He takes an envelope in his bag and places it in the coffee table. Brian takes a seat in a single couch and open the envelope.

I went beside him and look on what is inside.

“It was in the base an hour ago. No one knows what is inside but it was already make sure nothing was inside that can track or any bug” he explain.

Brian open the envelope and inside were my pictures alone and others is with him in Italy. A letter was also inside the envelope.

Give that girl to us and we make sure no war will happen between us again. I’m sure you don’t want another blood to be splattered. We can negotiate about it and if you want to know the reason come to me. I know you already know where you can find me

The letter was written in a red pen. I look at Brian seeing how angry he is. He crumbled the paper in his hand throw it away.

“That bastard” he angrily said.

George takes the thrown paper and read what was written and just like Brian’s expression the happy smile in his face turned dark as if ready to kill any moment.

“What’s wrong? Who send it?” I ask looking at them confuse.

I yelp when all of the sudden Brian pull me towards him making me seat in his lap while he snuggle his head in between my neck.

Even though I am still confuse I brush my hands in his air to calm him down somehow.

After a few moments of silence Brian move from me and look at my eyes.

“You will not leave me. I promise you that” he said while holding the side of my face with his both hands.

“I am not going to leave you, I promise you that” I said assuring him making him sign sending me a comforting smile.

“Now will you tell me who is it?” I ask instead.

“It’s one of our rival, Gustavo Salvador” he said coldly, when I look at George he also have a dark look in his face.

I look back at Brian and urge him to continue.

“For century our family have been rivals in every way. As far as I know there family started it. Our family have been the best partners but then, the Salvador sold information about our family’s transaction and other things. Since then, from business to underground works we have been competing. There is also rumors that they are the reason of the failed transactions happen in the Italy” he continued

“Remember the time when we are supposed to go back straight to New York but decided to stop in Venice first?” he ask after seeing my confuse face.

“Yeah, I remember that” I answer.

“That is the reason, there is many failed transactions that happen and it cause panic to the underground party. It also create war thinking there other rival do the deed. The real reason why we attended that auction there is to also exchange information. That is why I learned about the said rumor and when I dig deeper, the Salvador really cause those transactions” he explain.

“But how did they know about us staying here in New York?” I ask again.

“Even though he is Italian he have an alliance here in New York” this time George explain.

“Then why did you choose to also have a base here in New York?” I ask. They are confusing.

“Because of your father. Although he doesn’t have a big name underground he still have the biggest influence and connections in business. With the form of alliance in us, his name and other debts were paid and it make his name bigger. And with that I could have easily make a name and alliances with others” Brian explain.

“If he decided to attack us here in New York, we have a little chance to survive since he have bigger connections here. But all we need to do is to destroy or take those connection he made and turn it to us” George continued.

“So, what are you planning?” I ask looking at Brian worriedly.

“Don’t worry, nothing will happen to you. And beside don’t you trust your so great husband? I wasn’t named being scary and devil mafia leader in Europe for nothing” he said with a smirk.

“Come on, let’s eat first. Don’t think about it” he said.

We both get up and went to the kitchen with George following behind.

“If there is anything I can do, please tell me. I won’t let you do it alone” I said making him stop in his track.

“No, I’m not going to risk you getting involve here” he said sternly.

“I am already involve, the letter clearly stated they wanted me. And beside something happen, you will think about something right? And don’t forget about what I can do” I answer him back.

He turn around me looking so scary but I make sure to hold my ground and not be shaken by his deadly aura.

“I am your wife, I am not going to seat around and wait doing nothing. Whatever you problem, I am already involve with it whether you like it or not” I said looking at him making sure I convey that I will not take no as an answer.

“Damn it” he groan pulling his hair making me smirk. At least he know I win this one.