Chapter 29

Glyn’s POV

The auctioned started and I was starting to feel uneasy.

“You okay, amore?” Brian ask and I just nodded. I notice that this past few days he started calling me nicknames.

Although I know some of it because of Jess, she said that most Italians uses nicknames to their wives so she taught me those words. But I don’t mind as it was kind of cute.

“I am fine” I said and give him a smile.

“Don’t worry we will eventually have the necklace you like and don’t mind whatever Elena tell you earlier” he said and I nodded.

After a few items the next one was the necklace. I also make sure to snap a photo of it earlier and compare it to the photo Luis showed me last time.

The bidding started with $500,000. I heard someone shouted 600,000 and when I look who it is, it is some guy and to his side is Elena herself.

Other also raises their bids. It is already in a one million bid. Many really has interest in the said necklace. I think the other reason was because it belong to a well-known family.

“5 million” Brian said making me look at him. Is he crazy?

I stare at him but he just send me a wink.

No one raises their own bid after that even Elena. When I look at her she is glaring at me so much.

“SOLD to Mr. Hawkins” the announcer said.

The bidding continuous and Brian also take some items from the auctioned. There was also items such as old guns use by some famous soldiers making me think why those items weren’t in a museum. Or is this auction even legal? As most things auction should be in a museum.

I was thinking that maybe this items were fakes but there is many well-known persons here so I don’t think so.

“Are we going to leave after this?” I whisper to Brian.

“No, there is an after party after this. Are you already tired?” he ask with an obvious concern in his eyes.

“No, was just wondering. I am fine for a few more hours” I said and he smiled and kisses the side of my forehead.

After the bidding there was really an after party in the next room after this auctioned room.

We started eating and chatting to others. When Brian is not with me, George is with me. And I always saw him talking to some guys.

“I already warn you!” someone said and when I look up it was Elena.

“That, heirloom is mine. It belongs to me” she added while pointing at the necklace I am holding as I am inspecting it.

And so far I think this is really the heirloom in the picture my mom given to me.

“But now, it is mine” I said holding the necklace up waving it in front of her making her madder even more. When in the first place it was really mine.

“Yours my ass. Come on everyone know you an imposter. The Romanov’s already dead” some said and when I look up it was a woman.

“Of course no one would believe me because I was never sighted” she said with a smirk on her face.

“Then, can you tell me what are the items and their respective prices that were auctioned earlier?” George ask while holding his glass of drink.

I want also to drink something but Brian said I shouldn't drink more than two glasses and I already finish those glasses and now I am just drinking some juice.

“And why would I even tell you that, hell no one can even remember it” she said rolling her eyes.

After what she said everyone was talking to their respective partners, others left while George was laughing.

“Damn, if you want to impersonate someone make sure to know their history” he said.

“Do you even know why the Romanov is special? And the reasons they were assassinated?” he ask making me look at him.

“Our family has a special ability that even someone like you don’t have” she answers with confidence.

“Does this whole family has this special ability?” George ask again and I am starting to get uneasy.

By the way he spoke he seems to know more about to Romanov. Why?

“Of course” she answer again but George just smirk at her.

“Let me tell you something, the only special about the Romanov relies on the woman in their family, and by the way you didn’t even have a clue on what it is proves that you are nothing more than an impostor” he said and finishes his drink.

I thought that no one knows about the ability that was only inherited by a girl.

Elena left defeated and with a shame in her face.

“How come you seem to be so inform about that family?” I ask George while I brush my thumb to the gem.

“Because like their family only special people knows about it” Brian answer and when I look up he is walking towards me.

I didn’t saw where are the guys he is talking earlier anymore.

“Special people?” I ask but I know that he meant that the mafia but act that I didn’t know.

I want it to come from him.

“Don’t stress about it amore, are you ready to go home?” he ask and I just nodded.

I bid goodbye to George when we were in the parking lot. But before departing I saw George and Brian talk for a minute and we left.

I didn’t ask him what it is about and just look out the window.

“By the way we are going home next week. I will finish everything needed here and we are leaving” he said.

“I hope you didn’t forget your promise” I whisper still not looking at him but when I felt his hands in my thigh I look at him but he is still looking forward.

“Before we leave this place you will know everything” he said and look at me with a reassuring smile on his face.

“Okay” I said.

I will wait, and whatever happens I will accept him if he is going to accept me too.

I know we didn’t have a good start but right now it is different. I am starting to feel comfortable with him. And feeling something more.