Chapter 39

“So how are you and Mr. Hawkins?” Claire ask, we become close friends since I came here to work. She’s actually very kind and doesn’t care about my status but loves to hear gossip.

“Fine I guess” I answer and went back on my work.

“Oh, come on. Something interesting happen between the two of you?” she ask again wiggling her eyebrows making me laugh.

“No, nothing. And you better get back to work before Alexa find you slacking around” I said making her grunt.

“Fine, but I swear, this day won’t end without you spilling a tea” she said and I just laugh.

“You better find someone too so that you can stay away from my love life” I said jokingly.

“Hmp” she said and closes the door.

Looking at the clock it was almost lunch time. I finish my work for this hour and decided to go to Brian’s office and eat lunch with him.

“Done with your work, Sir?” I ask as I barge in his office.

He look up from his desktop and a smile was plastered in his face almost immediately.

“Almost, hungry?” he ask as I walk towards him.

He patted his thighs indicating to seat there and I comply. I wrap my hands at the back of his head and send him a smile.

“Super” I answer.

“Okay, let’s just order. What do you want to eat?” he ask and I tell him anything I want.

After the call where I think he ask his secretary to get the food.

“Am I interrupting your work?” I ask him seeing that he still have an unfinished document in his desktop.

“Nope, I always have free time for you” he said with a smirk and before I know it I felt his lips touch mine.

I responded to the kiss and kiss him back. He was about to deepen the kiss when all of the sudden the door in his office open.

“Brian we… what the fuck” someone said and I immediately get off Brian’s lap and immediately look down out of embarrassment.

Damn it. This is the first time someone saw us like that and I don’t want to imagine what we look like.

“What do you want George?” I hear Brian ask.

“Well, I think it can wait” he said and when I look at him he have a teasing smile plastered in his stupid face.

“Just spit it already” Brian said and looking at his face he really look mad.

“Actually there is…” before George can even continue what he supposed to said the door open again and this time it was someone I didn’t expect to see.

“Damn it, knock before you enter!” Brian shouted and I feel how mad he really is right now.

“Is that how you treat your father-in-law Brian?” my father ask and beside him was Wendy.

She’s wearing a very tight dress that didn’t cover much of her breast. I just roll my eyes at her. What a slut she really is.

“Hi, Brian” she greeted but Brian didn’t give much of attention making me smirk.

Damn I feel so proud of him. Is this what they call a possessiveness? Whatever it is I feel proud of Brian’s action.

“I am currently busy so whatever business you need tell me already” Brian said.

“It is actually the share of the company. I want you to add more of your share to mine” my dad said and seated in the chair in front of Brian’s desk, Wendy also do the same while I keep standing beside Brian contemplating what to do.

As far as I know, aside from my dad’s debt, Brian also have a share in my father’s company to save the company from its almost bankruptcy.

“I can’t” Brian said with a stern voice.

“I hope you don’t forget that we agreed to the conditions you made in this marriage and will help me?” my father ask as if he have the upper right hand in this situation.

“And the deal of the marriage is complied” Brian answered grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him.

I shoot him a glare but he just smirk at me. My father look at ussurprise so does Wendy.

“And beside I can’t do anything about it anymore. Remember that I already have do my part and when I said everything, I mean everything and I will not change anything there. Remember that we have sign a contract and whatever written in the contract is complied. Don't expect to change it when you jus fee like it” he added.

“If you won’t do as I say I demand a divorce for my daughter and forget the deal we have!” my father shouted while pointing his finger to Brian but he just smirk and look at me.

“I think a divorce wasn’t in your mind anymore, right?” he ask and I remember what he said before when he takes me back home in Italy after our misunderstanding.

“I will make sure no divorce will come once we came back in New York but I am thinking of something or more like someone that is going to come”

I just shake my head yes in him answering his question.

“I am your father so whatever I said goes” my father said but this time I am the one giving him a smirk.

“Oh, really? Did you already forgot what I said? You have no control over me since the time you decided to marry me off” I said with a stern look.

“You heard my wife, so if you are not satisfied with the contract then I can’t do anything about it. Whatever was stated there will be followed, I will not change anything” Brian said.

“Aren’t you a bitch? After what have dad do to you? You really think so highly of you just because you are married to a billionaire?” Wendy said suddenly slamming the table with her hands as she stand up.

“You are so dramatic as always” I said rolling my eyes.

“And as far as I know I have already repaid my dad’s so-called kindness” I added.

“You stupid bitch, you are really useless like your mother” my father said raising his hand ready to slap my but before he can do it Brian was already caught his hands.

I was shock on how fast he move, and George was also beside my father when he was on the couch few meters away.

“Harm my wife again and I swear that you would forget that we have a stupid contract. I let what happened to her last time she went to visit your house slide but do this again and I will make sure you that you will wish for me to kill you already” Brian said and this time he’s not Brian Hawkins who’s a business man but a mafia leader. His eyes in rage, his posture is tense. He looks ready to kill someone and that someone is my so-called-father.

“Take a step closer to my wife again and I swear that your business will crumble in an instant. This also applies to you and your wife” he said looking at Wendy and back at him.

“Escort him out of the building” Brian said and George nodded.

I touch his arm and when he look at me he heave a sigh. He wrap his arms around me hugging me while inhaling my scent.

I hug him back and felt the tension in his body slowly disappears.

We stayed in that position until he was completely calmed down. The lunch also arrive and it completely help us ease the tension.

George also came back and told us that there is a party that we needed to attend to straighten our allies here in New York. And there is also a clue about the whereabouts of Gustavo.

I know it is a good thing bad I know this is just the start of the brewing of the incoming storm.