Chapter 44

It’s been a week since the incident happened in the warehouse. We were able to know the attacker on both warehouse when the three hostages that Brian have taken speak on who they work for.

But after that incident it was become more quite. And peaceful in mafia means something. I haven’t contacted my father ever since what happened in Brian’s office. In fact I haven’t seen or heard about them.

For now we are starting gaining allies. I come to help Brian from time to time with my photographic memory. And since the warehouse case I was put in the monitor room if I am in the base.

My husband was actually very ecstatic to put me in the monitor room with Marco to help in surveiling. And if I didn't know better, it is because I am more safer there and there is no more risk.

Right now Brian is driving to a restaurant where we are going to meet someone. Or more like another ally to snatch from Gustavo.

Brian plan to take those allies from the bottom to avoid suspicion on Gustavo. I become more involve on the family business with Brian by my side and vice versa.

It was a week and within those weeks Brian become more sweet towards me and not to mention being to clingy especially in public. He is very territorial to anyone that was just looking at me.

“They are looking for too long”

He would reply every time. Of course love making become also frequent between us.

“Here we are” Brian suddenly said breaking me out of my trance.

“You okay, amore?” he ask and I nodded.

He help me out in the car and we enter the luxury restaurant.

“Good evening ma’am, sir” the guy behind the counter greeted.

“We have a reserve table under the name of Hawkins” Brian said, his hands not leaving my waist.

“Yes, this way sir” the guy said leading the way.

He takes us to the second floor in a secluded place. More ideal I think since we are dealing with another mafia group. It is appropriate to have to talk privately without someone hearing it.

As we approach the table I notice that someone was already there. The attendee leave us to our table as we take our seat.

“Mr. Stone I hope we don’t make you wait for too long” Brian started.

“Of course not, Mr. Hawkins. We just actually arrive” he said.

“By the way this is my wife Lilian” he introduce the woman beside him that's about on her mid-thirties.

“Pleasure to be your acquaintance. And this is my wife Glyn” Brian said introducing me. I gave the couple a smile and Lilian also smile at me in acknowledgement.

“Why don’t we order first and have our talk while eating?” Mr. Stone suggested.

“Good idea, Mr. Stone” Brian said in agreement.

“Please, let’s leave the profanities for later. Call me Gerald” he said and Brian just nodded making me glare at him.

“Of course, Gerald. Feel free to also use our first names” I answer as my so-called-husband is to kind to do so.

We take our orders and the men started their business talk while me and Lilian accompany each other as our husbands is very busy that they forgot they have other company.

But can’t blame them. Business is business.

“I never thought that Brian is married to someone as sweet as you” Lilian started making me smile.

“Yeah, I thought the same” I answer back.

“How long are you and Gerald are married?” I ask while sipping the wine that was first serve to us.

“We are married for 15 years” she answer and I look at her shock.

“Wow that’s long” I said.

“We are going to last longer than them, amore” Brian said butting in, in our conversion.

I was actually surprise that he pay attention on our conversation while he talks with Gerald.

“I hope so” I said sending him a smirk.

“It’s a promise actually” he replied with the same smirk plastered in his face.

“You two are so cute” Lilian commented and that’s when I notice that their attention is on us already.

“Thank you” I said.

“This is actually a surprise. May we know how did the two of you meet? I never heard you were in a relationship before your marriage Brian” Gerald said.

“We actually keep our relationship privately” Brian replied almost immediately.

Gerald was about to ask something more when our dinner arrive.

Over dinner they are talking on percentage share and other shipments. While I and Lilian keep silent listening to them and some other times I butted in, in their conversation.

After eating dinner we started drinking wine while eating desert.

“Mr. Hawkins, I can say that negotiation with you is good with an enough share, but I hope you know that I am under Gustavo. And he have a big reputation here in New York unlike you” he said and Brian just nodded.

Of course what he said is expected and we hear this reply to everyone that Brian have meet.

“Gustavo may be strong but do you know you could gain more than what you have right now. You earn millions of dollar every year. I have come to notice that your company can gain more and have much more safer route in to ship your products” I said interrupting them.

Brian place a small map in the table and show him the routes I told him about that Gustavo block to gain for his own benefit.

“As far as I know you have this part but right now it was block for you for Gustavo’s gain. It has safer route and he use it against you without your knowledge” Brian explained and looking at his face Gerald doesn’t really know about this.

“And not to mention that the mount you can gain is more than what you gain gain from Gustavo. I don't want to insult you, but I must say you really are naïve to be fooled easily” I added.

Gerald looks back and forth between me and Brian while his wife look at me in surprise.

“I am more surprise you are aware with this Mrs. Hawkins” he said making Brian smirk.

“Of course she is. She was actually the one pointed out the loophole with your contract with the Salvador’s” he said.

“Your right Mr. Hawkins” he said and become silent for a moment, his wife keep watching him.

“Okay, I will agree with you, but let me remind you that you are dealing with Gustavo Salvador, he is a scary enemy”

“That’s a shame, my husband also doesn’t like losing” I smirk.

“I am actually more quite surprise to learn that your wife is involve in this kind of business. I have thought, or more like many have thought that she doesn’t even can handle this kind of work, much more having knowledge about it” Gerald said as Brian place a document in the table to be sign.

“My wife has many talents” Brian said sending me a smirk making me smile.

“Well, thank you” I said with mischievous smile back at him.