Chapter 31

Brian’s POV

I feel like a statue seeing her in front of my office. After hearing a loud sound outside the door I immediately open it fearing that it was her and heard everything and my fear was right.

She was in the door looking betrayed and tears falling from her beautiful hazel eyes.

I tried to come near her but she stop me. I want to explain to her so much. This is all a misunderstanding.

But she suddenly run making me panic and order Max to follow her. I was frustrated so much that I punch the wall beside me.

“Damn it!” I shouted.

“I think she heard what I said, I’m really sorry Bry” Marco said avoiding my eyes.

“No, it’s my fault, I should have told her everything before this information about her come” I said, I feel so pathetic right now.

“Do you want someone to help you explain everything to her?” George ask and I just shake my head.

“No, this is my mistake I will correct it and make sure to bring her back” I said running my hand in my hair.

Days past and I still haven’t heard from her. I know she is now staying in Jessica, her friend. I want to bring her back but I restrain myself in order to give her much space as she want.

I also message her that I will explain to her everything once she calmed down and get back home. We also didn’t went home to our supposed date of coming back in New York.

Even though without any of my guidance my company there will be fine. And beside the main company was here in Italy.

As the days past without her I become more impatient and sometimes decided to just barge in her friend’s house and bring her back.

“I think you really should take her back and talk to her” Dante said.

“His right and after the two of you are fine, I may also apologized to her. I still think she thinks differently after hearing what I said” Marco said

“Do you have Jess number as I instructed you?” I ask and Marco nodded.

“Here” he said giving me a piece of paper with a number on it.

“And by the day, that friend of her is a real beauty. If you ever decided to take your wife back don’t forget to make me your escort as will” he added gaining a smack in the back of his head from Dante.

“What the hell bro?” he said irritated.

I told them to keep quite as I dial Jess’ number. After a few rings she finally pick up.

“Jessica speaking” she said after picking up

“This is Brian” I said

“Okay bye”

“Wait… I just want to ask how she is.”

“Who?”

“I know she is staying in your house right now. Please tell me” I said and I know I sounded desperate but I am really worried about her.

“And why would I even tell you about her?”

“Just tell me if she is fine and I hung up after. That’s all I’m asking, her well-being”

“I don’t why I am somewhat trusting you that you didn’t purposely hurt my friend but if you’re really worried about her, come and get her. This is your only chance and please don’t inflict more scars on her, she has been hurt for many times. And if this ever happen don’t you ever come to me again!” she said and hung up the phone.

“Will, love can really change people” Dante said and the two laugh at him but just one glare the both stopped.

“Love conquers all so I won't wonder why he just said ‘please’” George said quoting the word please.

Well I am not really that kind of a person who just pleaded. But my relationship with her is in stake and I will do everything for her.

“Shut up” I said with a very serious tone but the creepy smile on their faces didn’t even fade.

“So what’s the plan boss?” Marco ask.

“Going to take her back with or without force and explain everything to her” I said determined. I am not a mafia boss for nothing.

“Okay, let’s go” Marco said excitedly.

“I’m going alone, you guys stay here” I said and take my car keys.

Sure taking a wife is just a simple task. I am stronger than this. I am a freaking mafia boss who makes others kneel before me, and can make others quiver in fear.

°*°*°*°

My left cheek sting and I know it is red right now without even looking at the mirror.

“I am not coming to a liar like you. And I told you not to come near me!”she shouted, after slapping me right after seeing me in front of the door.

“Jess why is this devil here?!” she ask pointing at me while I rub my stinging cheek.

“I think you two need to talk Glyn. Look let him explain first and after hearing his fake excuse you can decide, you know I am just here for you” she said but I shoot her a glare.

“I am not faking my excuse” I said glaring at her and she immediately hide behind my wife sensing my dark aura after saying that my excuse is a fake.

“Stop scaring my friend you killer” she said looking deadly but hot as fuck.

“Look, I am really sorry for lying but like I told promise you I will tell you that day. Whatever you heard, I can explain. Hell, I do everything just come back home with me” I said with my most sincere and serious voice.

She’s contemplating, I know I already broken her trust but I will do everything to get it back.

“Fine, I’ll come with you” she said glaring at me but it makes me smile but before I can even celebrate she added.

“But if this is just any bullshit, I’m coming home in New York and we are going to have a divorce and we are going to part ways”

I nodded at her condition and guide her in the car after saying goodbye and thanking Jessica.

“I will make sure no divorce will come once we came back in New York but I am thinking of something or more like someone that is going to come” I said winking at her but she just rolled her eyes and look at the window.

You better wait my wife, I will make sure you that I can have you for myself. And bring back what relationship we have before this thing happen.

Once I park the car in the garage she immediately open the door but before she can even get out I hold her wrist stopping her.

“What?” she ask.

“Promise me, you are going to be open-minded on whatever I tell you, don’t freak out or anything. I know I broke your trust but please trust me in this” I said.

She just take her hands from me and get off the door towards the door and getting inside the mansion.

At least I have taken her back. Now I need to make sure she won’t have any reason to run away anymore.