Chapter 50

We help Jess until she was settled in her hotel room and now happily chatting in the couch on her room.

Or more like Jess and Marco chatting to themselves. I didn’t really expect this.

This is a total failure. I was really thinking of scaring Marco but it backfired and now I am sipping my juice while the two enjoy talking with each other as if I didn't exist. Yeah just enjoy yourself.

“So you’re a model?” Marco ask and Jess nodded.

“Yes and no. I am actually a fashion designer but sometimes I model my works” Jess answer.

“What are you doing here by the way?”

“There is going to be a fashion show this week so I am going to attend and hoping that my very good best friend will come with me” she said eyeing me up and down.

“And was hoping to hear the news that I am going to be an aunt” she added making me choke in my drink.

Damn right. She really jinx me. And before I even know I am pregnant she already know about it when she texted me last time.

“About the fashion show I’ll ask Brian if I can go” I answer and look at my watch.

“And I am going to be late for work. I only ask for a morning off" I said obviously avoiding the second topic but the she devil grab my hand making me seat back in my chair.

“Are you pregnant?” she ask putting both of her hands in both side of the chair while raising an eyebrow.

“You are?” Marco ask also surprise. Right, he didn’t know about my pregnancy. But Dante already know about it when they went for a meeting about Gustavo.

“I am actually” I answer slowly but enough to hear them.

Jess squeal and jump as if she is kid who just got what she wanted while Marco was looking shock as eve. Epic, I know.

“How long are you? Wait when did you even learn about it? Does Brian already know that his going to be a daddy?” Jess ask simultaneously.

I raise my hand in front of her making her stop.

“First of, I just find out yesterday and I am two weeks pregnant and yes he knows. But there is actually a favor I would to the both of you about” I said looking at the both of them.

But the both nodded immediately.

“Brian and I decided that it is good if the idea of my pregnancy is keep hidden. So promise me you wouldn’t tell anyone. Aside from the two of you George and Dante already know about this” I explain.

“Dante first know before me? Now that’s unfair” Marco said with a huff.

“Until when are you going to keep it a secret?” Jess ask.

“Until it’s safe” I answer.

“Safe? Why aren’t you safe?” she ask and I am about to tell her something when I realize that it is for her own safety that she wouldn’t not know about my involvement in the mafia.

“You see how successful people get a threats sometimes right? So for safety reasons we decided to keep it a secret” I answer. Although it is not completely a lie so I think it is safe to say I didn’t lie to her.

I actually promise myself to tell Jess about this. I trust her so much and we don’t really keep a secret from each other.

“Well that makes sense” Jess nodded.

“You’re right. It’s a good idea to keep it a secret for now to keep you both safe” Marco agreed.

“How about the fashion show? Do you think you will come? There is actually one of my work that is going to be shown there” Jess said pouting while looking at me with pleading eyes.

“I’ll try talking to Brian about that. When is it by the way?” I ask.

“Friday night. It will start at 8. I’ll give you the ticket and if possible that your hubby is coming I prepare two tickets” she said and run towards her room and come back later with two tickets in her hands.

“How about me?” Marco ask with hope in his eyes while pointing at himself making me laugh.

“You can come as my date” she said with a wink.

“I though you already like someone?” I ask breaking the heated stares between the two.

“Sometimes things don’t end will you know” she said flipping her hair.

“Yeah right” I answer rolling my eyes at her.

“I really needed to leave though. I still have work” I added looking at the time in my phone and all of the sudden it rung.

I answer it immediately seeing the name of the caller.

“Hello” I answer.

“Hey amore, what time are you coming back in the office?”  Brian ask.

“I’m on the way”

“Okay, keep safe. I’ll wait for you in my office. Love you”

“Yeah, love you too” I answer back before it was hung up.

Looking up I saw a teasing smile on both of them.

“I am leaving” I said before they can even say something.

“And Marco drive me to the office” I ordered.

“Yes, ma’am” he answer with a salute.

I bid goodbye to Jess and went downstairs with Marco.

He drive me to the office and I went directly to Brian’s office. Looking at the time I still have half the time before the lunch break ends.

I look around to see his assistance but it is nowhere to be found so I just decided to barge in his office.

“Hey” I called his attention from his computer.

I walk towards him to see what he is doing.

“Did you already have lunch?” I ask as I was near him. He wrap his arms in my waist pulling me towards him.

“What’s wrong?” I ask as he looks really tired.

“Tired and I already have lunch” he answer and I nodded.

“You look really tired, are you sure you ate lunch?” I ask him again narrowing my eyes towards him.

“Yeah, I ask someone to order me lunch” he explain.

“Ask, more like order” I said giggling but he just smirk at me.

“What do you expect?” he said

“By the way, remember when you told me about your mom and the Hawkins? I have Marco do some digging on past files in the mafia if there is an instances where the family encountered your mom but there is nothing found” he explain as he place me in his lap.

He really become a very soft teddy bear and clingy in every moment he can towards me. I don’t mind though as I find it sweet but his over protective side is what really is not bearable sometimes.

“Then why?” I ask confuse.

“Dante said maybe because of the family’s influence in Italy. Because the mafia is already growing stronger and afraid to have you associate in a big well-known mafia” he explain which makes sense, since mom kind of grow in Italy before she moved.

After that discussion I bid him goodbye as I went to go to work. A very long and tiring work. No wonder Brian looks so tired even though it is still half a day.

It must be suck to be a CEO.