Chapter 35

Days passed by and I now seating in my own office doing some paper work about the money Hawkins Enterprise coming in and out.

In the first day I started working here and it was a little bit awkward because they know me as their boss’ wife. But eventually they get to use to it and I somehow make some friends in my department.

Others are still doubting my ability in my work. But I can’t blame them though. I really have an advantage and possibly have bias in terms of work but so far Brian didn’t interfere in any of my work.

Especially that his office is just the floor above mine.

“Glyn, do you already have the finance analysis paper about the incoming project I ask you about?” Alexa my department supervisor ask.

“Yes, here” I said as I pass her some papers.

She scan the paper before giving it back to me.

“Have Mr. Hawkins sign this then give it to me. I want it this day” she said and I nodded.

I take back the paper from her and did the task she gave me. I went to the elevator to the next floor above. This top floor that is Brian’s office is very spacious unlike the other floors.

I went directly to his secretary and ask if I can meet Brian and he nodded.

“You know you can just barged in his office without asking and he wouldn’t get mad. You don’t need permission” he jokingly said making me chuckle.

“I prefer being professional” I answer him back making him shake his head.

“I don’t know if you’re really perfect match or not as you both are so workaholic” he said making me smile.

“And you should start going out on a date” I said back to him.

Although I ask Brian’s secretary if I can see me, I still barged in his office without knocking. I am just making sure that he was not in a meeting.

“Need something amore?” he ask without even looking at me and keeps typing.

He is actually use on my habit of not knocking and no one does it beside me so he knows that it was me.

“Yep, I just need you to sign this” I said and place the paper in his table.

“Is that all?” he ask but this time he looks at me.

“Yes, Mr. Hawkins” I answer him back making him smirk.

“Come here” he said and I willingly come near him.

“Do you need something, Sir?” I ask him once I came near him but he take my wrist and pull me towards him making me seat in his lap.

“Yeah” he whisper with a smirk not leaving his face.

And before I know it he hold the back of my head and kiss me. I kiss him back gripping his suit as he pulls me to deepen the kiss.

He licks my lower lip making me gasp. At that moment he enters his tongue. The kiss become more aggressive while his hands wonder in my back until his left hand grasp my butt.

“We’re in the office” I whisper between kisses but it doesn’t stop him and his kiss goes lower to my shoulder.

“So?” he ask without interest. I feel his teeth starting to graze my skin and before he can leave any marks in me I push him making him groan.

“Someone could walk on us. And beside I prefer to separate my private life in my business” I said to him. But deep down I actually enjoy it.

Damn it, restrain self.

“Really?” he ask teasingly and I nodded my head.

I get up from him and fix my dress before leaving his office.

“By the way, how is you visit to your past house?” he ask making me stop.

“Eventful” I simply told him and about to leave when he ask again.

“And what event happen?” he ask and when I turn around he is already leaning in his desk.

I sign and walk back towards him.

“I came back knowing that Neth, my past babysitter and the trustworthy person retire and leave the mansion. But I am happy at least she is now gone from that hell of a house” I explain.

“And? I feel like there is more” he said seriously while crossing his arms.

“Before I left the house, my so-called-family came. And yeah, more drama and talk back here and there” I said not fully explaining every detail.

“I told you that at least I should have come” he said sternly.

“Don’t worry I’m fine” I said giving him a smile.

I leave his office after his very long sermon. It was already past six when I finish my work and notice, almost everyone went home.

I decided to text Brian what time he is leaving the office and said I am about to head home. He quickly replied that I should wait for him in the parking lot.

I pack my things up and went to the parking lot of the company. After a few seconds he came and greeted me with a kiss.

“Ready to head home?” he ask.

“Yes” I answer excitedly. I am already tired and really want to go home.

He just laugh at me and drive. While on the way we passed by to a drive thru. We just decided to by dinner instead of cooking in his house.

Once he park the car and turn off the engine I went out the car and grab the dinner we take on the way.

He open the main door and we went inside when we notice that the some of the lights were turned on.

Brian become protective and quickly on his guard. He went to the pillar near the door and tap something when all of the sudden a wall open up and a gun was inside.

I was shock to see that he have hidden compartments to hide things in his house. I should ask him about it. Maybe there is also some place with the same mechanism as that.

We walk quietly until we arrive in his kitchen and heard some noise there. He pull the safety of the gun and pointed his gun in the guy who is now rummaging the cupboards.

The guy notices us and immediately turn around. We were both shock when the guy turn around.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Brian ask and the guy was also in shock especially after seeing the gun pointed at him.

“I can explain” he said but Brian didn’t dropped the gun and still pointed it at him.

Damn you better explain faster.