Chapter 2

I look at myself in the mirror if I look decent. Letting my long blonde hair loose behind my back with its small curls at the end, I have my light make up, which just consist of powder, eye liner and pink lipstick. Simple I know but that’s what I wanted.

I am wearing an off shoulder baby blue dress that is just an inch above my knee.

When I am satisfied of what I look I immediately wear my heels and went downstairs where I can hear my step mom and sister chatting about their arrival.

Knowing my presence they all look at me and I saw my dad looking with satisfaction seeing me dress properly, while my step mom and sister raise their brows at me. I take in their dresses and just like what I have expect, Wendy wears dress about two inch above her knee with a low V cut exposing her cleavage.

Her mom rolls her eyes at me and went beside my father while Wendy keep staring at me. Opening her mouth to make a remark, she was stop by the sound of the doorbell taking her attention from me making me sign in relief.

Dad opens the door revealing Mr and Mrs Hawkins. They both greeted each other. After the couple, Megan went inside and greeted by dad and Venice followed by Wendy.

I am just standing like a statue doing nothing. What do I suppose to do? I am not really into meet and greet. That’s why I don’t have many circle of friends.

When the couple notice me, that’s when dad realizes I am also here.

“This is my daughter, Glyn by the way. Glyn this is Timothy and his wife Patricia with their daughter Megan” dad introduces.

“Nice meeting you” Timothy said and I nodded taking his hands for a shake hands.

“Same here” I answer.

“You’re so pretty no wonder” she said having a knowing smile making me confuse. I am about to ask when she wraps me in a warm hug. I hug her back awkwardly.

“Hello, mom’s right. You’re so pretty” Megan said and I just give her a tight smile before taking her hands.

We were silence for a moment when Wendy asks about Brian. And when she mention his name, that’s when I notice that his not here.

“Oh, his on his way here” Patricia answers.

“Well let’s have a chat first while waiting for him. The table is not set anyway” my dad says and they agreed.

We both sat in the couch but I am so bored to death. They just talk about business things. This is stupid.

Sometimes Venice will join the conversation without even a knowledge about what it is. So stupid.

Wendy and Megan are also talking but you can see the irritation of Megan’s face about their topic and I don’t want to know about it.

I am irritated on everything about Wendy. She’s a freaking slut.

Not taking this anymore I excuse myself and about to help in the kitchen when Patricia ask about me.

“What do you do for work, Glyn?” she ask.

“Chef” I answer briefly.

“Why chef? Do you already know that you’re getting married to someone that will take over your father’s company?” she added.

“Yeah, she’s right. At least learn how to manage about your business even a tiny idea” Timothy agreed to his wife.

I wanted to but my father won’t let me.

That’s what I am about to reply but refrain myself.

“I don’t have any interest in it. And I am thankful dad understand dad. Beside he is also supportive about my career choice” I answer.

“So you didn’t study business?” Patricia asks.

“She didn’t but Wendy did” Venice said.

“Wow that’s great” Patricia said but you can notice that she's not interested.

Well actually I did studied business management and I already have my degree on it. It is just they don’t have a knowledge about it, although I take culinary arts just to hide it. So yeah I have two courses in collage.

They all back went back to their talks neglecting my presence once again when the doorbell rings again.

“I’ll go open it” I volunteer but Wendy beats me to it.

“Don’t worry, sis. I can do it” she said while smoothing her dress. She also adjusted a little bit of her dress to make her breast more visible.

“Well it looks like our wait is finally over” my dad said with a humor but it doesn’t sound funny.

Minute later Wendy came back with her hands around Brian’s arms and keeps talking to him but it looks like Brian didn’t give her even a single shit.

And again, we are back with greetings. After that we went to the diner room.

Dad seated in the head table while in his right was Timothy and beside him was his wife, then Brian and lastly Megan while Venice was in the left followed by Wendy.

The dinner started and they all keep talking, again.

I lifted my gaze from my food and studied Brian’s face. Just like in the photo I have seen yesterday when I search about him, he has a very light blue eyes. But when you are near him you can you see more clearly that his eyes are lighter. Like a sky. Pointed nose and thin lips.

He also gives this aura which can give you chills and make you quiver in fear leaving you no choice but to stay away from him.

Instead of fix hair like in the picture he has a messy hair right now giving a bad boy look.

All in all he is really handsome. No wonder girls drool to him and fantasising him, like Wendy.

When I came back looking at his eyes our eyes meet. As if he knows I am studying him. I raise my one brow at him daring to say something but he just looks at me.

I just roll my eyes and went back on my food. I don’t know how long I will endure this torture of being here.

At last the dessert came and I’m already devouring it. It doesn’t matter what I will look like.

After dinner we went back to the living room to talk about the wedding. But before the wedding day they decided to hold an engagement party. All the time I am just silent.

“Sweety, why don’t you take Brian and tour him around the mansion? I think it is a great idea to surprise the both of you to your engagement. Don’t you think?” my father said gaining my attention.

“That’s a good idea” Patricia agreed after clapping her hands.

“Now of you go” Patricia added motioning for us to leave.

“Mom you can talk about it maybe tomorrow. Don’t you think?” Brian said for the first time in the night.

“But I think it is also a great idea if you two will get to know each other” his mom said with a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Fine” he said and look at my way.

I just get up from my seat and before I leave, I look back to my father saw him say something.

Room

He wants me to bed him. Stupid old man.

I could just simply bring him to the garden but my father can see us from the living room so I just bring him to my room.

“First stop, my room” I said with a fake enthusiasm.

I open my room and get inside waiting for him to follow me. When he did I just close my room and went in the couch at the end of my bed while he look around.

“So tell me Brian, what makes you agree in this stupid marriage?” I ask not minding that I am being blunt but I don’t care.