Chapter 43

I was deep in my own thoughts when all of the sudden the door from this room open.

“The Capo is back” someone shouted and I am immediately on my feet and run towards the house’s entrance.

I saw Brian come inside and then stop in his track to look at George and Dante. He tells him something and after a while both of them nodded.

I take that opportunity to asses him. His shirt was dirty but it was obvious because of what they did. It was also stained with blood together with his pants. He have bruises in his hands.

“How was the operation Capo?” Marco ask taking there attention towards us.

Brian turn around and look at me. He open his arm for me to come but I just cross my arms and raise a brow at him. Making the three snicker and Brian just glare at them.

“Do what I told you now” he said to the two behind them with a stern voice and they immediately went out.

“What did you told them to do?” I ask but what I really wanted to ask was his condition. Is he okay

But Damn why does I feel so shy all of the sudden. I am just going to ask his well being.

“We caught some intruders and they are in the basement cell I ask them to interrogate the intruders” he said and walk closer to me.

He was about to hug me when I push his chess making him raise his brow to me this time.

“You’re dirty” I pointed out making him groan in frustration.

“Aren’t you worried for your husband?” he ask and I shake my head no but it only makes Marco laugh and I then just notice that he is still here.

“On the contrary capo, she is actually worried. He keeps asking about the condition you were on” he said and I glare at him.

“Really amore?” he ask hugging me from behind.

I slowly nod my head.

“Alright, looks like you two need time. I’ll just see you later capo for the reports about the two warehouse and I may say that Mrs. Hawkins is really helpful not to forget how awesome she is” he said giving a thumbs up.

Brian look at me confuse on what he mean but I just shrug.

“You need to clean yourself. Let’s go” I said and pull him to our room while he follows me behind.

I waited at him while lying on the bed looking at the ceiling. The sound of the shower can be heard as he clean his self. He actually ask me to take a shower with him but I refuse the offer.

I still can’t stop thinking about what happened last night to us. And just by thinking about it made me blush.

The sound of the shower stop and Brian get out with a towel wrap dangerously low in his waist. Water from the shower dripping from his wet hair and body.

I quickly look away when I saw the smirk in his face. He obviously did it on purpose.

“How are you anyway? After what happened in the warehouse?” I ask changing the subject while he change and may I note that he is changing in front of me.

“Fine, I have some bruises but nothing serious” he said.

“And you know you can look at me. It’s not like you didn’t see it before” he added and I can hear the smugness in his voice.

I sit in the bed and look at him but I keep my gaze in his face.

“Did you know who attack?” I ask instead.

“Yeah, we catch three of them that was trying to leave” he said.

“And the others?” I ask when I have a feeling that all of them were dead.

“Dead” he simply answer.

“You don’t need to worry about them amore” he said wrapping his arms around them.

“I know, it’s just that I am not really use to you know, talking about the death of others” I said placing my hands in his naked chest.

“And I will make sure that you won’t raise a gun to kill someone. I’ll be there to protect you” he said.

His light blue eyes look directly to my hazel eyes. I can feel the atmosphere between us change. Our face slowly feel the gap between us until I feel his lips touch mine.

He held my left check as he deepen the kiss while I wrap my hands behind his nape.

The kiss was slow and tender and I like the feeling of it. He place one last kiss on my lips before he started to move our faces.

“Let’s go. I want to hear what Marco will report as he look so proud of you” he said and I nodded.

We went to his office and called Marco. In a minute, not only Marco came but also Dante and George.

George and Dante take the seat in front of Brian’s table while Marco stood beside Dante.

While I am sitting in Brian’s lap while his hands are wrap in my waist. Seeing the action the three smirk at us.

“So what did you find Marco?” Brian started and their emotion quickly change to being serious.

“Well while you are dealing with the attack on the warehouse, we---or more like Glyn examined the footage. She was able to track the area where the intruders enter. But only a silhouette was found unlike on the footage where a fire start” Marco stared explaining while putting a photos in the table.

Brian take the photos and look at the pictures that only a silhouette is seen.

“This is what she found on the footage of the warehouse that was on fire. An arm with a visible tattoo of the Salvador mafia” he added and place another picture.

Looking at the picture, I feel Brian’s body become so tense and when I look at him he look so mad.

“And the thing that I ask you about?” Brian ask with his gaze not leaving on the pictures in the table.

“This is the names with the name of their company, shares and other transactions” he answer and place a pile of papers.

Brian takes the paper and examine it. When I look at it, it have a names of many business man and their company’s profit.

“What are those for?” I ask while still looking at the names, some are familiar to me and others are not.

“This is the allies Gustavo make while he is here in New York. And we are going to snatch them away” he said and I nodded.

“I know some of them” I said making them look at me.

“I may not be someone the public know but I just so happen to know them not meet them personally. But I think I can help with your plan taking them as our allies” I said and look at Brian with a hint of smirk on his face.

“You really are something amore. But I want to clear something to you, you are going to help but when it comes to a dangerous situation during negotiation you are not going to come. Safety first” he said making me glare at him.

“No more arguments” he added before I can answer.

“Overprotective” I whisper but I think he heard it as he answer.

“Of course” he whisper.