52

Elora was walking through the quiet hallway of Hogwarts, minding her own business. She has a free period so she decided to use this time to get some fresh air while studying in the backyard of the school.

"Elora?"

"Yes?" Elora turned around at her name. McGonagall approached her adopted daughter with a smile on her face.

"You don't have a class at the moment?" said the elderly woman.

"If I do, I won't be here" Elora reply with a smile.

"Good. Your dad wants to see you"

"Why would he want to see me?" Elora tilted her head. What reason would Dumbledore have to see her. They haven't talked to each other much since the school starts.

"I'm not so sure dear but if you want to know then you'll have to go and see him" McGonagall replies again and caress Elora's head. Elora nodded kindly and let McGonagall guided her towards the headmaster's office.

"Do you think this is a good idea? We don't know what lies Voldermort had fed Elora. What you said to her might can not go through her head" a monotone said while standing by the window of the Headmaster's office.

"We must try, Severus. We should try to persuade her to be on our side. It will be much, much more dangerous if we let her be on his side"

"Albus, I hope you see the risk-" Severus's words were cut off when three knocks were heard. The two men turned their heads towards the door.

"Come in!" Dumbledore shouted. The door opened revealing McGonagall with Elora by her side. McGonagall ushered Elora to go in and closed the door after. Elora looks at the door in confusion before walking towards her dad and Severus.

"Have a seat, Elora" Dumbledore pointed towards a chair in front of him, next to Severus. Elora sat down without any words.

"Can you tell me what's purpose for me to be here?" Elora asked with both of her eyebrows raised.

"Well, Elora.. First of all, I want to ask you how you're feeling" Dumbledore asked with a kind smile on his face. Elora snorted.

"Good. Is that all?"

"No. Elora, I know it would be confusing for you at first but I just want to let you know that everything that Voldermort told you was a complete lies" Elora sat up straight once those words let Dumbledore's mouth.

"I'm afraid that I might don't understand. What does he have to do with me?" Elora said while tilting her head.

"Elora, stop playing dumb. Let me make this easier, Voldermort is lying to you all this time" Severus said while looking at Elora.

"I don't understand.. What lies could he possibly tell me and how would it benefit him?" Elora said, still playing dumb.

"You are making him a favor. You are making his job much easier, Elora. And we want to help you" Dumbledore said again and his statement made Elora chuckle.

"What help? I don't need any help from you or him" Elora said pointing her finger at Severus.

"Oh you do need our help Elora. Like how you need our help to discover the truth behind your mother's death" Dumbledore said making Elora raise her eyebrows.

"My mother's death? Oh please, I knew it was you who killed my mother. Stop lying Dumbledore" Elora said while gritting her teeth.

"Ah so that's what he told you" Severus said making Elora turned her head towards him.

"Yes. Is it wrong?" said Elora.

"Trust me, Elora. I didn't. Elayne was a good friend of mine and I would never intend to hurt her. But your father did." Dumbledore said and take a paper from his drawer.