Chapter Thirty-Four

**PLEASE point out if I use the name 'Angela' instead of 'Amee' I keep mixing them up**

"You look exhausted," comments Amee as we sit down in AP Biology.

I don't bother to hold back a yawn as I nod. "Yep."

"So what happened yesterday? What did your dad do? Was he as pissed as he looked?"

I nod again, my eyes drooping a bit. "Yeah. Him and my uncle both."

"So did you get in trouble?" She leans over and grabs two biology books off the shelf next to us.

I snort. "Yes. I'm being forced to get up at 5:30 every morning to do my training."

"Training?" echoes Amee

"I'm learning how to fight and shoot a gun and crap like that," I explain. "And I've been training after school. But now I have to do it in the morning because my dad knows how much I hate mornings. It was very evil of him."

Amee giggles. "That's rough. I'm not jealous at all."

"Whatever," I say.

"So do you think you'll be coming back here next year?" she asks and I can hear the hopeful tone of voice.

I look away. "Uh . . . I don't know." I look back at her regretfully. "Probably not. My dad's work is all over the place. For all I know I might be moving to New York new week."

"Oh." She makes a sad face. "That's lame. I've only known you a few weeks but I'm pretty sure we were meant to be friends."

I force a smile. "Agreed."

"Ms. Jeffrey," Mrs. Anderson says, walking up to me.

"Yes ma'am?" I ask.

"I need to see you after school so you can do some extra credit work to help get your grade up as well as catch you up with the class."

I mentally groan but smile on the outside. "Yes ma'am. I'll be here."

I watch her as she walks away and groan out loud, turning to Amee.

"She couldn't have waited until like next week!" I say. "I'll bet Sa – my dad and Dean are gonna think I'm lying again."

Amee laughs. "Man you just have the best luck don't you?"

"Oh shut up."

● ● ●

Robert

I step closer to Angela, stepping slightly in front of her.

"You know where Zayana is?" Angela says, her expression hopeful.

Castiel nods. "Yes. I can take you to her."

"Why should we believe you?" I demand. "For all we know you could be a demon in disguise or one of the bad angels or – "

"I assure you," Castiel says, "I am one of the good guys."

"That's not good enough," says Angela, stepping up next to me. "We've been through too much. It's going to take a lot more than just your word to convince us."

"He's telling the truth," Mona says her voice quiet.

"It's true. He's one of the better angels. You can trust him."

"You say that like you're not going to be around much longer," I say quizzically.

Mona looks up at the two of us regretfully. "I'm afraid I won't be. For now. I must leave. You'd only be in more danger with me around."