Chapter Sixteen

"She's coming for you?!" yells Dean. "Why? Did she say why?"

I shake my head. "No. I have no idea." I groan and put my head in my hands. A demon. A demon is coming after me. More than one demon really.

"Cas?" asks Sam. "Do you have any idea why?"

Castiel shakes his head. "Maybe they believe she'll be useful to them. She is a Winchester after all. It's possible they believe if they can convert Zayana to their side than Angela and Robert will follow."

"That's ridiculous," I say.

Castiel nods. "Yes it is. The Winchesters don't do that."

"Then why do they think I will?" I ask, curiously.

Castiel shruggs a little. "Because your new. They more than likely think you don't know what to do. That you don't know what you're up against."

"So they think I'm naive?" I say. Castiel nods again. "I guess it makes sense though," I mutter. "So what are we gonna do?"

"Well you," begins Sam, "definitely can't be going out alone no matter what. Even if you start training. It'll be too dangerous."

Grudgingly, I nod, knowing he's right. "Alright fine. But either way, I need to learn how to fight. I'm not always gonna live this life with people protecting me."

"Agreed," Sam and Dean say. "We'll figure it out," replies Dean.

"Where do you think Angela and Robert are being kept?" asks Sam.

Castiel sighs and sits down.

"No. Angela and Robert more than likely have angel symbols that make them invisible to me." He pauses. "I'm afraid this one is up to you three."

"Alright well thanks anyway Cas," says Dean.

Castiel nods. "It's not a problem Dean." He turns to me. "Should I put the markings on her ribs so the angels can't find her? Just in case."

Sam nods. "Yes that's a good idea."

"Wait wait what?" I ask as Castiel walks toward me. He lays his hand on my shoulder and for a split second I feel white hot pain - then it's gone.

"What the hell was that?!" I demand.

"Markings that'll keep the angels from see you," replies Dean.

Castiel looks up, a troubled look on his face. "I must go. I'll stay in touch."

Then, with a flutter of wings, he's gone.

"Great," I say. "Just great. So what the hell are we gonna do? My best friends are freaking Ne-Ne-"

"Nephalem," Dean says, somewhat apologtic.

"Yeah," I say. "That. So we need to figure out what to do because I'm not just gonna sit around here doing nothing."

"Well . . . " starts Sam. "Let's get to work then."

______
Published June 23 2014