Chapter Twenty-Four

**This chapter switches between Zayana and Angela's POVS.

I sit down on the bed, rolling the plastic container around in my hands nervously. Back and forth back and forth.

I shouldn't.

But I should.

But I shouldn't.

I breathe deeply, my longing for the blood getting stronger and stronger by the minute.

No, I think to myself, as my hands shakily uncap the vial. I bring it closer to myself, still fighting with myself.

Just once, I think, it can't be that bad. Just one more time.

So I drink it.

The sudden force of the blood flooding down my neck causes me to sit down on the bed as the blood flows through me. A powerful feeling overcomes me. It was a small dosage of blood but enough to make me want more. So much more. I stand up and walk to the dresser. As I pull out shorts to wear I notice, I barely feel my injuries anymore. Any 'leftover' pain is gone. I smirk slightly as I breathe contentedly, slipping my jeans off and pulling the short shorts on.

The thing about the demon blood is, it makes me feel strong. But at the same time, there's an overwhelming amount of guilt. I know this is wrong. But it feels so right at the same time. And it leaves you feeling content – but also angry and skittish or . . . unsettled in a way.

How am I going to get more of it though?

I get rid of anymore thoughts of the demon blood. I'll worry about that later. I kick my shoes off and take another deep breath – right now, it feels like that's all I've been doing. Taking breath after breath.

I pull out my phone and check my reflection in the front camera.

Nothing looks different about my face. I just look tired. Very tired. And a bit high strung. Groaning a bit, I tuck my phone into my shorts, open the door, and walk out to be with the others.

I find them in the kitchen gathered around the table, all drinking beer except for Castiel.

They're talking in hushed tones until Kevin notices I'm there and nudges Dean and Sam.

They both stop talking and look up at me leaning against the door frame.

"Hey," says Sam, standing up. "You okay? You look kind of nervous."

I hug my arms to my stomach and walk forward nodding. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"You want some food?" asks Dean, who is also standing up.

I start to shake my head as I sit down in the chair next to Sam's but then realize: I am starving.

"Yeah actually," I say. "I don't remember when I last had food."

I notice that Sam, Dean, and Castiel all exchange a look but say nothing as Dean grabs a can of soup out of the cabinet, opens it, and dumps it into a bowl.

"I need to go," Castiel says suddenly. "There are some things I must take care of."

"Alright. Talk to you soon," says Dean as he puts the bowl in the microwave.

"Bye," I say, barely audible.

With a slight nod, Castiel disappears.

"Here," says Dean. He slides the bowl of soup towards me and hands me a spoon. I smile gratefully.

"Thanks Dean."

"Well . . . " says Kevin, "I'm gonna get to work on the tablet. I'll talk to you guys in a while."