Chapter Twenty-Eight

I try to scream as I stare into Reed's cold eyes but nothing comes out. A smile is planted on his handsome face.

Wait what?

"Zay," he says pleasantly. "It's been a while."

"Get away from me!" I spit at him, trying, and failing, to scoot away. His hands are holding firmly onto my wrists now.

"Calm down Babe," he says easily. "I'm just here to talk."

"If I don't go back inside soon Sam and Dean will come looking for me," I say venomously. "And don't call me babe."

"Which is why this will only take a few seconds," replies Reed, ignoring the last thing I said.

I blink, confused. "You – You mean you're not gonna kidnap me?"

"Not unless you want me to," says Reed, chuckling. He lets go of my wrists and straightens up from his crouched position into a standing position and leans against the wall.

"What are you doing here?" I demand.

"I'm here to help you," answers Reed. As he says this he pulls a small hand bag out of his backpack. He tosses it to me gingerly. I stand up, holding the purse in my hands. I open it and jerk back, startled at what's inside.

Demon blood.

To clear, plastic flasks full of it. Immediately I'm filled with longing and my mouth begins to water.

I look up at Reed who is watching me carefully.

"What's the catch?" I demand, hands on my hips.

"No catch," says Reed simply.

"You're a demon," I say harshly. "There's always a catch."

"There is no catch," insists Reed, his voice harder.

"What happens when I run out?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed.

"You call me," responds Reed as if it's obvious.

"And how am I supposed to do that?" I say with a hint of impatience.

"There's a slip of paper in the bag," says Reed. He turns and starts walking away.

"Wait," I say.

He turns back around to face me. "Yes?"

"Why are you helping me?" I ask. "Like really. Especially since I'm a Winchester."

Reed bites his bottom lip.

"Because you're different."

● ● ●

Angela

I throw open the car door and bolt across the busy road, to the side of the diner.

"Zay?!" I cry. "Zay is that you?!"

The girl that Robert pointed out is facing away from us. I feel even more hopeful when I see her hair is the same color as Zayana's.

Brown.

"Zay!" I call again, relief lacing my voice.

Startled, the girl whips around, pulling earbuds out of her ears.

Immediately my heart sinks. It's not Zayana. Although the girl does look a bit like her.

"Can I help you?" she asks, looking a bit concerned. Her eyes scan my body and her confused expression turns into a meaningful one.

"Angela Redstock?" she says, her voice now more sophisticated and formal.

I jerk back just as Robert runs up behind me.

Vengeance ~Supernatural~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें