35. Interval

AN: Happy (almost!) 300k reads, oof. That's crazy. Even ALiVE (my longest story) didn't break that number until after it ended. 

35

35. Interval

"Ah, Nao-kun, great timing. There's a delivery for you, but there was no note of who sent it," Ms Sakurai said as Nao made his way back inside the house.

It's barely been a day since Nao returned from Okinawa.

"Ah, that's fine," Nao sets a hand on the medium-sized cardboard box in the delivery. There really wasn't a return address-- just the first three letters of his name, and nothing else. "I know who it's from."

He spends a moment finding the box cutter.

(Is it in his bathroom cabinet? Yep. He might be organized when it comes to work, but his general cleanliness and lifestyle? He's the messiest person around.)

When he opens it, he finds dried foods and snacks. There were also common beauty products like cream and lotion, along with genuine coffee beans.

It's not the first time he's received this mysterious care package.

And despite everything, he couldn't bear to just toss the whole thing away. Some of these things looked like they were worth a ton of money, after all.

When his siblings first ran out on him, these packages came every two to three months. Even after he got his life together, they didn't stop coming. He got an allowance from Kazumasa each month, so he reckoned this was from...

...yeah, her.

Maybe it was out of guilt, maybe this was just his ex-sister's unconventional way of indirectly telling him that she's still pretending to care.

(But that's not true. There's no way this is from Kazane.)

(From her husband, perhaps?)

(The bastard caused the situation in the first place, after all. He would be the only one with the connections to do so, and the only one with enough conscience to care.)

But Nao wasn't going to think too much about it. It was always better that way.

Especially now that Nao was involved with the assassination classroom and all its parties of interest, it was better to completely avoid having any note of their relation.

(He would have to pretend that this package was from a mysterious, unnamed sender, and simply accept it without question.

But something was strange. These packages usually arrived when Ms Sakurai wasn't home. Nao was suspiciously sure that it was always planned that way.