1. Cliche

1. Cliche

"So you're telling me," his voice was utterly exasperated, "you found a goddamn guy so you're just gonna goddamn leave."

His older sister cackled at the choice of wording, rounding a muffler loosely around her neck.

All Naomasa could even remember about her was her hair-- wavy, long to her shoulders-- and in that peculiar, peculiar shade of brown that was the colour of sand. The colour of his own hair, and a colour his parents didn't have.

"Sorry, Nao," the girl patted her younger brother on the head with naught a sense of affection in her touch, "I love him, I really do. But he's..." she hesitated, a secret she failed to let in on, "not a normal person, you see. And I decided that if it was for him, I'd even throw away my own birth papers."

Kazumasa, her absolutely unidentical twin (who in fact had black hair,) scoffed. He had been standing there since who-knows-when, so it was hard to acknowledge the girl was gonna elope if everyone saw her off on the way.

"Say hi to Mr Boyfriend for me," Kazumasa groaned, leaning against the wall in a show of resigned arrogance, "tell him he's getting dissected next time I meet him."

"You guys never stop fighting, huh?" 

Nao felt his sister's hand leave him-- and solemnly, he knew that would be the last of her.

"Goodbye, Nao," she told him meaningfully, "and goodbye, Kazumasa."

"Yeah," Kazumasa spoke the words Nao could not voice out, "Goodbye, Kazane."

To Nao, this was only the beginning of it. Two years later, Kazumasa would leave too-- before scurrying back at the knowing of his younger brother suffering a heart failure and landing himself in the hospital.

Perhaps, Nao came to think his heart defect-- a hole in the heart that unfortunately didn't stay closed-- was a blessing. It called his family back to his side when he needed him. It also told him just how little Nao meant to them-- Kazane never returned, and Kazumasa never stayed long.

The Kunomasu family was one that functioned without adult parents. Naomasa was fully ten years younger than his older siblings, so he was only a teen when the older siblings left their nest, following their parents' footsteps, leaving the youngest home alone to fend for himself. 

Money was sent home each month, and even if Kazumasa were to visit, he wouldn't stay longer than a week before rushing back out to his work-related business.

Nao lived with a friendly florist as his guardian for the majority of his life. His life was sustained with sufficient living expenses and his surrogate mother cared for him like he was her own.

Right- enough of that-- I was going somewhere with this story. I had a point going in some direction, but I've honestly forgotten it now. Will I go back up and retype everything again? No, I will not. Why?