23. Thoughts

23. Thoughts

"Kuma-sensei, you in here?"

"I am here, though I do not need to be-- holy crap."

It's a normal day, like any other. Except, Naomasa's temperature was deemed half a degree too high so he's being contained in the infirmary. (No one cares that it's simply because of the weather, they're sticking him in there until he's healthy again.)

Then Nagisa walked into the infirmary, something like the darkest scrape on his forearm purpling his limb in a disgusting-- ah, it isn't a bruise.

"It's a friction burn," Naomasa stalked over as Nagisa seats himself on the stool. Naomasa deposited himself in the nurse chair and grabs a clean rag.

Nagisa laughed dryly, "Karasuma-sensei elbowed me a little too quickly, so I went flying," he said it like it was a joke, "y'know, cause I'm small, so he didn't... see me there... and I was slow to dodge anyways-- OWOWOWOW!"

Naomasa pulls Nagisa's arm over to the tap, holding the arm firm and running water through it.

"Hey hey, it's just water," Naomasa soothed, "the worst part isn't even here yet."

"It still hurts," Nagisa offered in protest.

"I'm sure you'll learn this eventually, but you'll have to learn how to land safely if you'll be roughhousing on the grass," Naomasa pays his protest no mind, "I have a feeling this will scar."

The wound was large across the forearm, a split gap across the skin that looked a little too gruesome for the faint of heart. Well, all friction burns looked like that. Nagisa would be lucky if this didn't scar.

"Oh no," Nagisa gulped.

Naomasa laughed at that, "I'm sure the scar will be cool," he assured him, picking out the ointments from the shelves, hoping he'd picked the right ones.

"Huh? Uh, yeah... but," Nagisa swallowed his words, looking to the side as he spoke-- he swallows a thick gulp, and the next words were much softer and harder to hear, "my... mother... wouldn't like it."

Naomasa's hands paused for a startled second-- then continued to work.

"Then I'll head over and apologize," he said without hesitating, "I'm sure Karasuma can come with me to say sorry."

Nagisa spluttered, not expecting such a drastic measure (usually teachers would just assure him blindly and say to take it as a lesson of being more careful, or offer to pay the bills-- it's a little hard to remember sometimes, but the assassination classroom tended to have minute difference like these.)

(Unnerving. But perhaps a little asuring... at the same time, not, because Nagisa's mother isn't the apology type of person.)

(She's the type that would go ballistic and call authorities and what if she finds out about the classroom she's going to scold him again because he's part of this filthy classroom environment in the first place...)