18. Panic

18. Panic

A horrendous screech ripped through the air, tearing through the skies of the peaceful morning.

"Using different phrases for the same word creates different meanings, and more often than not, it'll accentuate the effect of the sentence," Nao explained, holding his book up comfortably, writing the words on the board, "shouting, screaming, shrieking, and screeching. They mean the same thing, but one feels stronger in power than the other."

"Kuma-sensei, Korosensei sounded like he was dying in the other room just now, is that alright?"

"In contrast, the phrases 'yell' and 'holler' seem to give a more non-aggressive vibe, so you can use it for other situations-- a groan of resignation, or a friendly, faraway call," Naomasa resumed class, "depending on which you choose, you can give a new effect to different scenes, and perhaps imbue scenery, mood, and tone. It'll be useful, so all of you need to brush up on vocabulary as much as you can."

A thundering clank shuddered through the classroom door as it snapped open, some yellow monstrosity charging its way into the classroom spluttering blames of "tabasco! tabasco! you put TABASCO in my ice box! why would you do that!"

"I put some white chocolate in there too," Naomasa smiled sweetly. 

"An angel!" Korosensei shrieked, "it's an outside face! a farce! a devil in disguise! A beast!"

"Like a Sadistic Ghost haunting you so you can't sleep at night?" Nao suggested, "oh wait, two explicit references in a row is illegal, let's try that again. Actually, chocolate chili ice cream is a thing, maybe you could use this as a chance to give it a try."

"Don't change the topic!" he screamed in despair. "This is harassment!"

"And this is disruption to an ongoing class," Nao returned.

"Aren't you getting better at this?!" 

"Really? Thank you."

"Kuma-sensei, aren't you teasing Korosensei a lot nowadays?" Maehara couldn't help but laugh as he remembered the scene, "well, at least it's amusing."

Okano agreed with a nod,  "though, it's a little sad to watch because he can't do anything back to you."

"It's revenge," Nao grumbled, crunching his can of coffee open spitefully, "he filled Ms Autonomous up with some dumb information, so it's like I've got two obsessive mothers now."

Eyes were turned to the girl in the cyber bucket, but the girl only smiled, holding up the kanji for 'Ritsu' before her like she was expecting the teacher to use it too. 

Naomasa only gave the girl a rather forced smile, not very well intending on using the name. He downed his coffee like it was a can of beer, giving a disgruntled groan as his phone chimed again.