35 ᯾ Aftermath

"Y/n-chan." The girl blinked upon hearing her name, she looked to her side to see Teru holding a familiar pink pouch. "You haven't taken your stash of chocolates home yet."

"Oh, I forgot about that," Y/n mumbled as she took the bag from Teru, she then opened to see the chocolates. "You know, I was actually planning to leave some behind for the Mokkes." She sighed before closing it. "Too bad, Hanako-kun decided to bring them all with him."

"You don't think they're ever coming back?" Teru raised a brow as he rested his chin on his hand. "I think you know that all of them haven't disappeared yet."

That's right, Y/n thought. The books from the 4pm book stack haven't disappeared yet, it surprised her to see the books still inside her locker.

The night of the severance was a horrible one. Once she returned to look for Nene, she was already panicking as to where Sumire had went. And when she went to look for Akane, he had went home early— she didn't bother going after him.

Y/n hummed as she looked at the pile of folders on the desk. "Aren't you supposed to say something like you're happy that they're gone?"

"Well, you have a point." Teru chuckled. "Although, I have to say that it's become quite boring without them roaming around."

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Are you planning on bringing them back or something?"

"Of course, not."

"You sound like you are."

"Not."

"Whatever." Y/n crossed her arms. "Other than that, what happened to Kou-kun? I forgot to check on him that night, when I went around the school to look for supernaturals, I also didn't see him with the others."

"Well, he's..." Teru paused. ".. not doing quite well.."

Y/n didn't comment on it. He had probably seen Sousuke disappearing too.

"Are you gonna continue staying here or..?" Teru questioned as he grabbed his bag from the edge of the table. "I'm gonna be heading home soon—" He stopped himself. "Actually, I remember Kou saying something about inviting you over before the study camp. Do you wanna come over?"

"Sure." Y/n took her bag and placed the straps over her shoulder. "Let me go to the restroom first, I'll tell my Mom about it."

"Okay." He then stood up. "I'll be waiting for you at the gates." Teru gave her a small wave before exiting the Student Council office.

A few seconds later, Y/n stood up and made her way down the hallway. She entered the restroom and took out her phone from her pocket.

After sending a quick message to her Mom, informing her that she'd be eating dinner at the Minamoto household, she then placed her phone back.

She stared at herself in the mirror. Dark bags were forming under her eyes, she couldn't sleep thinking about that night. If Hanako never made that wish, Aoi would've been safe. If he never made that wish, Mitsuba would've still be here.

Y/n sighed before looking at the stalls. If Hanako were to suddenly appear, he'd appear here, right? She thought. She grumbled before making her way out of the restroom.

A few nights ago, she had a check up— and the doctors had told her that a miracle had happened. Y/n was cured, and she saw her Mom cry for the first time.

Even after all that, she still couldn't bring herself to thank Hanako.

"Finally." Teru grinned as soon as he saw Y/n walking towards him. "I thought you were gonna make me wait for the entire night."