03 ᯾ Misaki's Staircase ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ

"You've heard about the second of the seven mysteries, haven't you, Y/n-chan?" Aoi gave the girl a smile as filled the the watering can with water.

As of the moment, Y/n had went with Aoi to go refill the can before they would go water the plants in the classroom. Nene was probably still doing something anyway, busy in her own thoughts. Y/n decided it would be best if she'd go with the purple head.

"Of course I have." Y/n furrowed her brows as she crossed her arms together. "Ao-chan isn't my only source for these rumors, you know. Minamoto-san and the hallways are a pretty good place to get some information about the seven mysteries."

Let me add that I am highly associated with the seven mysteries too. Y/n closed her eyes in thought of all the spirits roaming around the school every now and then. If only she could borrow Akane's glasses all the time. Ugh, why did I even become the hidden mystery...

The two girls made their way out of the place and headed towards their classroom, where they assume Nene would be waiting for them.

"Minamoto-senpai knows about these rumors?"

"Yep. Don't know why, don't know how. He listens to everyone in the hallways perhaps.."

"Oh, if that's the case!" Aoi smiled, and Y/n raised a brow. "Does he know about the things going on about the second mystery? The one with the stair having the blood of it's victims?"

Wait wait, hold up. Am I missing something here?

"What do you mean by that?" The two entered the classroom. And just as they assumed, Nene was there tending to the plants.

They went towards her, the second mystery still their topic.

"One must never set foot on the fourth step of Misaki's staircase," Aoi stated. "Those who break the rules will be dragged to the realm of the dead and have their bodies shredded into pieces. Then out of nowhere. The blood of its unfortunate victims will rain down upon the staircase."

"Eh?!" Wait- what the heck?! I've never heard of that part before.

Y/n looked away as Aoi explained to Nene what they had been talking about earlier. The H/c-haired girl furrowed her brows as she crossed her arms, staring into thin air in thought.

Rumors changing. First, it was the Mokkes; now it's Fox-san... Her serious facade broke and instantly changed into a worried one in a matter of seconds. This means someone has been tampering with the rumors!