24 ᯾ Daydream ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᶠᵒᵘʳ

"I can't open them." Y/n panted as she looked at the gates in anger. "Are these things broken or something?! Why can't I open them?!"

With all her strength, she kicked the gates out of spite. In an instant, it flew open, causing Y/n's eyes to widened. "I guess it just needed a kick, huh?"

She turned around with a grin on her face. "Okay! Time to get ourselves out of this—" Y/n's smile faltered as she looked at the boy behind her.

He looked down, fiddling with his fingers as he bit his lower lip in hesitation.

"Hanako-kun?"

"Y/n-chan, are you really going outside?"

"Yes. Let's go together, Hanako-kun."

Y/n fully turned her body, letting go of the gate as she held her own wrist. "Hanako-kun?"

The boy frowned. He didn't bother looking up or tried making eye contact with her. But even so, the girl could already tell what his answer to her request was.

"You're not going to..." Y/n mumbled as she furrowed her brows. "Hanako— or should I say Amane-kun?" She paused. "Amane-kun... Do you want to stay here?"

"I want to stay here." Y/n flinched as she continued staring at the boy infront of her.

"Run away? Why?"

Amane smiled as he placed his arms behind his back. He gave Y/n a close-eyed smile as he tilted his head slightly. The girl's eyes sparkled as she looked at the boy infront of her.

"This, right now, is the most fun I've ever had!"

The girl's breath hitched as Amane opened his eyes.

"There's nothing good to be found outside. The roads are dangerous at night. It's too bright to see the stars," he said. "Let's go back, Y/n-chan."

"Or..." Amane held out his hand before grabbing the girl's wrist. "Do you not like it here?"

Y/n stared at the boy blankly, on the other hand, Amane anticipated for whatever her answer would be.

Y/n sighed, looking down to avoid Amane's orange orbs.

"No way..." she started. "I like it. After all, there's a lot of fun things to do and all that.."

"But—"

"𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢."

"— the person I like..." Y/n flushed as she pulled her wrist away from Amane's grip. ".. isn't here!"