08 ᯾ 4pm Bookstack ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ

"You're there, aren't you, Y/n-chan?"

Y/n flinched as she looked at her side. Hanako stood beside her, his hands in his pockets as he smiled at her. "I knew you'd be here after walking away."

"Yeah.." she looked at him with her eyes scanning him. "And you look... Badly beaten up. Did Minamoto-san do all that?"

"Yep."

"He's powerful." She closed the book she was reading. "For that guy to be so young yet on the same level as a high-classed exorcist.. he's powerful and talented."

Y/n raised a brow. "Anyway, why are you here? You aren't the type to come visit any time you want.."

Hanako smirked. "Us mysteries will be having a meeting tomorrow. I can tell that only a few of us will attend, so please, go with us too."

"Mhm.. I'll think about it."

Hanako's eyes left the girl. It was now focused on the book she had been reading. It was colored white, the book's title couldn't be seen, Y/n's arm was trying to cover it.

But even so, Hanako could already guess who owned it.

"It's yours?"

Y/n smiled. "Yeah." She then looked at him tiredly. "I've been reading it daily now.. just to see how things flow."

"Only that?" Hanako raised a brow. "I'm sure that's not the only thing you want to check. I'm sure there's something else." He didn't know what it was, but ever since the day Y/n stepped into the bathroom to complain, something had been off about her.

"You're right, Hanako-kun. As always." She grinned before opening her book and flipping it to the pages by the end. "You see.. something's been going on with my book. I've told sensei about it, but even he is confused."

"Why?"

"Well, this only happened once. And that was like, fifty years ago or something." She eyed him. "The thing is, my book has been..."

"Eh? Nene-chan?" She looked at the ombré-haired girl, who was sitting on the floor with multiple books scattered around her. And then, she looked at the green-haired girl leaning on the window sill. "And Nanamine-senpai?"

"You're L/n-san, right?" Nanamine crossed her arms, fiddling with her hair as she looked at the two. Y/n raised a brow. "Yes.."

Nanamine Sakura, a third year in the high school division. She wasn't the type of person who tried to stand out or something, but she was indeed a beauty, that's for sure.

"Hm.. you're friends with her, huh?" Nanamine looked at the book Nene was holding. "So you should also know about Hanako-san, am I right?"

Her words didn't seem threatening or something, in fact, when Nanamine speaks, she always had this kind and gentle vibe stringing along with her.

"Uhm... Yes..?"

Nanamine stayed silent for a moment. "Hanako-san.. the one that's like a cat.."

"What?" The two girls looked at her confused.

Nanamine placed her hands on both sides of her head, imitating cat ears. "Meow. Meow."