23 ᯾ Daydream ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

"Nene-chan? Kou-kun?"

"Y-Y/n-chan..." Nene stuttered as she looked up at the girl. Y/n crouched down beside Nene and patted her head in comfort, hoping it would ease the girl's mind.

"Hm... What happened?" Y/n looked at Kou. The boy sighed before glancing at the huge tower behind them. "She explained to us... How to get out of this world—"

"Yeah..." Nene mumbled out as she lowered her head. "I can't kill th-those two... And we can't return to the old world..."

Y/n blinked as she looked at Nene. Of course, Shijima-san decided to tell them that route of escaping. Y/n then tapped Nene on the shoulder, making the girl look at her with teary eyes.

"That can't be the only escape, right?" Y/n grinned as Kou nodded, agreeing with the girl. "It'll be fine! We don't even know if what she's saying is the truth.. even so, there has to be another escape."

Kou held out his hand, making Y/n chuckle as she looked at Nene.

"I'll find it. I promise!"

Nene sniffed before holding her hand out. Y/n also decided to join into the fun before placing her hand on top of Nene's.

"We will too..."

Suddenly, a hand went on top of Y/n's. The girl flinched as she looked over the person across her. Amane gave her a grin as he looked at Nene and Kou enthusiastically.

"What are you three talking about?"

The two of them screamed, which made Y/n wonder as to how they didn't notice him earlier. Maybe they were both just caught off in the moment.

Y/n stared at Amane with a blank expression. After what he did earlier, she was sure that this guy was no doubt Hanako.

The boy raised his hand as he sweat dropped. "Y/n-chan? Is there something wrong?" He stated at the girl. "It looks like you've seen a ghost or something."

Y/n grumbled as she stayed silent. I guess I'm really giving this guy a big slap on the face after we get out of this place. She glared at the boy.

Amane pouted before lowering his hand in confusion.

"Senpai~!"

Mitsuba came to the scene, rushing with a box filled with stuff in hand. "The supplies to bring to the roof!" Mitsuba exclaimed as he looked down at the box.

The pink-haired boy flinched when having eye contact with a pair of blue orbs. Kou gave Mitsuba a sharp look. "Mitsuba.."

"Senpai, are these right?" The boy quickly ignored Kou and went over to Amane, who checked if he had brought the correct supplies. "Ah, sure. You've done a good job. I'll go soon too."

Before Mitsuba left, he gave Kou an intimidating stare. "Well then, bye~!"

"Hey, you—!" Kou ran, catching up to Mitsuba, leaving Y/n and Nene with Amane, who looked genuinely confused as to whatever is going on.

"He's gone..." Y/n mumbled as she gave Nene a pat on the back. "Yeah.."

Y/n then caught a glimpse of the bag that Amane hung on his side. She raised a brow as she tapped the boy's shoulder.