09 ᯾ 4pm Bookstack ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵗʷᵒ

"School mystery number five..."

"I can't believe one of our teachers isn't human.." Kou mumbled as he, Y/n, and Nene looked at the man laying down on some spider web above them.

"It's really not that unusual," Tsuchigumori responded as he read a book. "There are, in fact, quite a few supernaturals who have chosen to blend in with humans. We, supernaturals, need the rumor of us to keep circulating, or we can't stay on the near shore. A crucial part of that is spreading our own rumors."

"And.. well, there are other reasons too.. but the main thing is it's convenient."

He then turned, looking at the three students behind him. Though his eyes kept glancing at a certain H/c-haired girl. "Who knows? One of your friends might turn out to be something other than human."

He's definitely calling me out. Y/n sweat dropped as she held back the urge to yell at this man and tell him to shush.

"But doesn't that mean we're in danger..?" Nene's smile broke when realization hit her. One of her friends might be plotting world domination, seeing as apparitions were pretty powerful.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." Tsuchigumori came down from his web as Hanako and Yako, who was in her fox form, stepped forward. "We're here to make sure no one gets hurt."

Hanako raised his hand excitedly. "We are the seven school mysteries!"

".. we supervise all the supernaturals that exist in the school.." Tsuchigumori raised his hands, though it wasn't all the way like the boy beside him.

".. and maintain relations between people and supernaturals." Yako raised a paw as she looked to the side, avoiding eye contact from the three students.

How long did it take them to practice that? Y/n smiled as she blankly looked at the three supernaturals infront of them. It seemed like they rehearsed those lines for hours.

"Well, the short version is- we do scare people, but... We're just a team of friends fighting on the side of justice to keep peace in school." Hanako then pointed out something which both Nene and Kou doubt. "And I'm the leader!"

"But there's only three of you.." Kou counted them. He looked genuinely confused, making Y/n hold back her chuckle.

"Well.. there's actually four people right now, but..." Hanako gave Y/n a quick glance before looking back at the blonde-haired boy. "One of us is currently busy doing her other jobs.."

"Other jobs..?"

"And Yako-san was hurting students just a little while ago." Nene's eyes widened as she looked at Y/n, pulling the girl closer to protect her. "Didn't she also hurt Y/n-chan?!"

"That's right!" Kou exclaimed, rushing towards Nene and also blocking Y/n from the three other school mysteries.

Y/n resisted the urge to scream and say: I was there, just not in human form. But of course, she needed to keep her mouth shut.

"Wait, there was also that other apparition with us.. what was her name again..?" Y/n forced out a broken smile when she heard what Kou said. Had he really forgotten her in such a short period of time?

"Oh! You mean Aimi-chan?" Hanako grinned as he went towards Y/n, holding her shoulders as he looked at Kou teasingly. "Why are you suddenly asking about her? Do you like her or something?"

"Of course not!" Kou blushed as he glared at Hanako. "I'm just curious! Isn't she a part of the school mysteries?"

"She is." Tsuchigumori crossed his arms. "We're both partners. I attended the meeting in both her and my behalf." He then looked at Kou and Nene sharply. "She had to take care of some bugs today."