Chapter- 59

-Fima-

I have submitted the resignation letter to my office as I have decided to go back to Canada. But I am scared.

What if Zach pushes me away from my children and from him too?

I have recently come to know from Eric that there was a huge accident and several people in the community died. Zach is injured. Thankfully my kids with other kids and omega people are saved. But some of the young teenagers had died.

I bite my lips. I didn't know that I love them so much that I am feeling the loss of my own children. And whenever I'm remembering them I'm crying silently.

I want to go back as soon as possible.

While my mind is wandering in various thoughts, I hear my phone ring.

Riko is calling. I pick up her call, putting all my worries aside, "Moshi Moshi!"

"Moshi Moshi! what's up?"

"It's fine. How are your days?"

"Very smooth. Hey, you know that I'm in your country nowadays. I came here for some project work just the day before yesterday. Shall we meet?" though Her voice sounds happy, I can feel her nervousness.

Why's she nervous?

"Yeah, sure. You are in my country and who'll be a better guide for you if it's not me?"

We fixed our date and time of the meeting. My preparation for going to Canada is put aside for a few days.

***

The sky is cloudy today. After the scorching heat which has been burning the people for more than two weeks, the rain is coming. Somewhat wet and cold air is blowing on the street which is making the souls cool down but it is also increasing the thirst for rain.

From a very young age, I liked the wind before the rainy season and autumn breeze. I feel so refreshed and my heart dances with the hope of good events or some good changes in my life.

As I get out of the car, I feel the cool breeze on my face.

Ah! so refreshing!

I have already paid the Uber bill so the driver bade me farewell with a request to score him five stars. I assured him with a smile. I look at the Rooftop restaurant where I'm gonna meet Riko. I feel the increasing heartbeat in my chest as I'm excited to see her after so many days. Maybe I'm getting nervous too.

"O bird! Fly to him

Tell him not to forget me

Tell him to stay happy and be well

And remember it's me."

I sigh. This song has been repeating itself in my head since morning. I walk into the ten-storeyed building and get into the elevator. The more I'm getting closer to my destination, the more I'm getting nervous.

Why?

I feel like something's gonna change, something's coming back to me.

My mate!

"O bird! Fly to him

Tell him not to forget me..."

Mate! My mate!

"O bird! Fly to him..."

...

...

Ding! The elevator doors open. I hesitate to come out of it, still, I get out of it and walk to the restaurant. As soon as I open the door, a well-known scent hits my nose. My whole body shakes a little and I start to look around. I see Riko is waving her hand towards me. To be frank, I feel a bit frustrated as I wanted to see a particular someone.