Chapter 35

-Zach-

I am sitting by the side of the window listening to Nelson. He is reporting me about rogue's invasion. Total five people are dead and others are injured severely. Fima was scratched by that scoundrel alpha of the rogues. She has a light fracture on her ribcage. She's staying at the clinic. My wounds have been bandaged. In some time, it'll heal. But Fima will need more time to heal.

I'm feeling this pain inside my heart for my people and my mate. My wolf instinct was warning me again and again. This invasion was to harm Fima. I remember her distressed and panic stricken face. She was running to me. Her hair was untied, her blouse was torn and her neck and chest was bleeding. In front of my eyes that bitch hit my mate. So I killed her. And when I took Fima into my arms, her wound smelled of that wolf. That bastard dared lick my mate! Rage runs through my veins. Sirius forces to come out and rip that bastard into two pieces once again.

If I hadn't reached there, what would've happened to her? I just can't think about it. How dare they touch my mate! How dare Sara plot against a royal alpha's mate!

Nelson's Father interrogated the wolves. They were on high dosage of drugs and were chased out from Blue Creek pack. Blue creek wolves chased them to our territory on purpose. The alpha of the rogues had bit his tongue so that he didn't need to answer. But the other wolves of his pack spoke up just before I killed them. And I also killed that bastard alpha. I have torn him from limb to limb. My revenge for my Luna and my people will be completed by destroying one last person, Sara Kingston.

Nathan calls me out of my trance and informed me that Fima has woke up and is calling my name. Listening this, I rush to her. She's lying on the bed covered in bandages. Listening to my footstep she tries to move her head but her face twisted. She has bandage on her neck too and I guess it hurts her like hell. I walk to her hastily. Her face looks pale.

"Zach, Zach, are you okay?" she speaks so low like she's whispering but I hear them very clearly.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine."

"No, you are bandaged. You are hurt. Why are you walking with your wounds? What if, it worsens?" She whispers. I don't know why her voice sounds so affectionate. Is it because she's whispering or she is really being emotional? Whatever the reason, I like it.

"I'm telling you the truth. I am really fine. I just want to see you get well soon." I hold her hand. "Does it hurt?"

"No, I'm feeling heavenly. Stupid! Idiot! Of course it hurts. But thanks to the drugs the pain is lesser than before." She smiles. I smile too. Sirius is getting relaxed too. I cannot control my beast instinct and lick the tip of her finger to calm myself down, to assure myself and my beast that my beloved mate is okay.

But she reacts to this. She is hurt that's why she cannot jump or pull her hand in an instant or shout. She just widens her eyes and shouts in whispering tone. "What are you doing? Leave my hand. Leave this room..." But she stops abruptly.

I'm happy to see her temper just like the past. I'm smiling at her. Sirius is also happy and growling softly inside my chest.

"Zach, what's happening to your eyes? And the growl? Is it not stopped yet?" Her voice is full of panic.

I realize that Sirius was crawling out and my eyes and appearance changed a bit. I was so happy that I forgot to hide Sirius's growl. I gasp and send Sirius back in my mind.

"What about my eyes? I don't hear any growls. Fima, I think you need to take rest." I lean on her and keep my head beside hers on the pillow. I'm like hugging her. "I know that you liked it; my licking to your fingers. I know you don't like forcing but like to be pampered and spoiled. You like to be possessive of me and possessed by me. But you hide it behind your false temper because you don't know how to control this feeling. You are afraid of losing control of yourself right?"