Chapter- 49

-Eric-

Fima woke up after ten days. I, along with Mac, rushed to see her but what we found was a living doll. She's not responding to anyone; just staring at some direction with blank expression. A nurse is always staying beside her to take care of her.

At first she looked at us blankly. I and Mac try to talk to her, and then we both see a slight expression of helplessness in her eyes, tears roll down from them. Soon she closes her eyes and fell asleep.

Zach is watching her through CCTV camera. His handsome and calm face looks somewhat lost and depressed. Their children are being taken care of by his mother.

Fima had a minor brain stroke and I think it's the reason that she's taking time to recover. I feel sorry for their poor kids.

-Fima-

I don't know where I am right now. Every day I see the same white ceiling, white window frame, and sky blue curtain fluttering in wind coming through the very window, green hills through the window. Sometimes the lights get on and sometimes its daylight.

I really don't want to move except when I'm hungry or I need to go to toilet. I just hold the hand of my nurse and she helps me. I don't even talk as if I've forgotten how to talk. I feel that if I talk, I'll cry and ask for forgiveness. All my thoughts and movements are muddled and tangled.

Giggles!

Giggles of kids!

It's coming from outside. I was sitting by the window watching the same serene green field and the green hills at the end of the field. The sound of giggling draws my attention and my eyes start to search the source. I see three kids who are playing in the field. Two of them are girls and one is a boy. Then I hear the voices of women. They may be the mothers of these kids. Hearing their names they run to the women.

I feel a shake in my heart, my pupils tremble and I inhaled deeply. I look at the nurse and talk after so many days. I feel my tongue has gotten heavier that I get it difficult to utter even a sentence.

"Wh-at d-d~ate 's t'day?" (What date is today?)

Hearing her reply, I get stunned. Four months have passed already. Then my children... I haven't seen them for so long. How are they? And Zach didn't come to see me even once? Then I remember why I'm here. I remember Zach's monstrous face. My heart beat increases. I feel pain in my heart. I want to see them, I miss them and at the same time I don't want to face them.

Why I don't want to face them? Is it because I think them as the result of my sin? Or is it because I called them monsters and tried to kill them? Am I feeling guilty? Or am I punishing myself for my sins?

My vision gets blurry and I hear the nurse exclaimed, "Oh my goodness! What happened? Are you feeling unwell somewhere in your body?"

I cannot answer her as I keep crying. Doctors come rushing to check my health. Everyone seems anxious.

How can I forget that day?...

That day...

When Zach caught me, I screamed seeing his face. He was compelled to release me. I yelled at him, "Don't come near me. Don't touch me. You deceived me. What are you?" He was trying to calm me down. But rage and authoritative tone was seeping out of his throat.

That was truly terrifying. I was looking here and there to escape. I got some space to run to the door. I was afraid that he would jump on me. I took the risk and ran. Zach rushed behind me. When I reached the living room, I saw my children's nanny holding Alexis in one arm and grabbing Hana and Ziya's hands with her other hand. Sara Kingston was standing behind her; her eyes were glowing muddy orange and her lips were thin showing her fangs. She was laughing silently at me but she changed her form soon. She spoke up in a strange voice, "My, my! What happened to the Luna of the Crimson Moon pack? Why is she acting like a lunatic? Is it that her highness the Luna of fifth royal brother doesn't know with whom she is married to and whom she has given birth to? Hmm?" Her voice was full of taunt.