Chapter 9

-Zach-

Mom has brought her some light food to eat to her bed. She is eating and crying.

She got me and my mom anxious. I thought that she is hurt somewhere. But she is actually happy to receive my mother's caring. What a strange woman!

I didn't notice for all these time. Without her scarf, she looks younger. Her black hair is framing her small face filled with two big bright eyes with black pupils under black eyebrows, a straight nose and thin but fuller lips. Her face is full of childlike innocence as well as strong determination. As she is short, she has small and fragile body structure. Though she is a little overweight, this adds to her charm and cuteness. She is beautiful and adorable like a child. Seeing her makes me feel to protect her whole life in all ways always. I just want to grab her and hide her in my embrace so that no one can find her.

"She's mine." both I and Sirius say at the same time. It might be our first time having the same thought at the same time related to her.

***

It's late afternoon and she is sleeping soundly. She mustn't have slept last night.

We are sitting at the back yard. Dad couldn't meet her as she is sleeping.

"Now that you got your mate, I think there's no need to delay your rituals to take over as an Alpha." Dad says.

I look at him. "Yeah you're right. My wolf is stressing me out every day to have its own pack."

"Yeah, without a pack you can't be the leader and your alpha power is of no use."

An awkward silence prevails there for some time. I know they are happy as I got my mate but the happiness is not that much as I got a human as my mate.

They are worried for me and for our next generation. We are also worried about her reaction when she'll come to know our truth. Again there's a question of her acceptance in the pack.

"Dad!"

"Yes?"

"Dad, I think I don't like mate bonding. It's so strong that I am getting affected by her every actions greatly. But she doesn't even realize it. I don't like her but I like her crazily. She is not even closer to my likings but I am already hers. I am so confused. I don't know what my real feelings are. She is beautiful. But I don't know that it is my own feeling or the effect of mate bonding. I can't understand what she is thinking. Every time I think to give her a chance, and every time she moves far away from me." I must be looking distressed.

Mom holds my hand. "Relax yourself, Zach. Mates are made perfect for each other. They are like two parts of the same soul. Humans have their mates too. They are unable to feel it as intense as we can feel but they also feel it and fall in love with each other. And I think she is a sweet person."

"Well, I can't say that we are all happy for you as your mate is a human. Let's see what's stored in there for you. I can just hope that everything will be fine. Mate bonding are hard to reject. If you can't figure out what your true feelings, take some time. There's no rush. Observe her. I think you will come to know why she has been chosen or made as your mate by fate." my father smiles and pats my shoulder.

"Should I declare her as my mate?"

"It's up to you. Humans are quick to change their hearts."

This sentence heavily blows out my heart. He is indicating that she might change her mind and reject me.

"Don't look like this much distressed. She might be a human but she is your mate and sooner or later this feeling will have an effect on her too. And she's from a country where people tend to stay loyal and attached to their family and their life partners." He smiles. "When we will declare the ritual schedule the whole pack and the neighboring packs will come to know that you have found your mate."