Chapter- 53

-Ivan-

I hear my beta Sentino coughs in a way as if he is clearing his throat. So I ask, "What is it? Wanna say something?"

"Ah yes. I suddenly got the illusion that our King Alpha is feeling something called 'Responsibility'." Sentino replies nonchalantly. "Actually I heard what you were thinking accidentally. Aren't you embarrassed to think such 'Duty' things?"

I roll my eyes. This beta of mine is my cousin who is almost eight years older than me. He is very calm, collected and a reliable person. He works in a very organized way, totally opposite of me. That's why I can enjoy my life even though I am a king of the entire werewolf race.

Sentino's voice once again plays in my head, "I can hear that too. When will you grow up and actually act as a king?"

I laugh. "Sentino, there are times I think that you fit for the King's position. It would be best for me if I'd been the beta or something else."

Sentino grumbles, "No, thanks. I don't need a Beta like you. If you were the beta and I were the King, it'd still be me who would work a load. And you're seriously living your life as you want, so what's the need to wish to be an ordinary werewolf?"

I can hear his sigh. He asks again, "Did you fail this time too?"

Now I sigh, "Yes. I found nobody as my mate here as well." I pout.

I am on my way to Venice. There is a huge werewolf pack of third royal brother's descendants. That pack is being run by twin alphas. They are arranging a party for those whose wolves have awakened and I have been invited there. Usually I don't feel any interest to attend this type of party but this time I seriously need to find my mate. Hence my journey to the west; I mean my journey to Venice has begun.

I say, "I can relate my feelings to Zach. Now I know how it feels being the single loaf of bread in a sandwich. Should I too look for human mate?"

Sentino consoles me, "Don't be disheartened. Let's hope for the best. I will join Zach and Sara's wedding ceremony on your behalf..."

I interject, "Don't be so serious. No need to join that drama. Leave them and do other important task. Send Loren and his five best comrades. He's intelligent; he should be able to handle if there's any unfavorable situation arises."

Sentino's voice becomes courteous, "As you wish my King." But then the voice turns into mockery tone, "Please remember to control your thinking process and keep it private." I can hear him chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah, I know it. Bye." I close the link.

Ah! There's no peace in a werewolf King's life.

Maximiliano growls in my support. My whole spirit is excited thinking about meeting my mate. I'm having a hunch that I'm gonna meet my soul mate very soon. Maxim is channeling the whisper in the nature into my soul. I can feel it. Though the location is unknown, I can feel that the time is getting nearer.

-Zach-

Sara bursts into my office. She looks tensed.

Good! This expression on her face is satisfying to me.

"Zach! My business..." She cries out loud as soon as she sees me but I cut in.

"Please don't shout. I know everything. Your pack has gone bankrupt."

Sara's face pales and she looks panicked. I walk to her leaving my chair and stroke her cheek controlling my wish to tear it off.

She might have seen the ferocity in my eyes and steps back. I, once again, control my body language and hold her hand. "What are you so fear of? Though I once loved that human Fima, you are still special to me. You are my childhood friend and we dated once. Remember?"