Chapter 16

-Zach-

When I lie beside her she jumps to sit but I grab her and make her lie down again. She glares at me.

"Zach! What the hell are you doing? Why are you sleeping here? Go to your room now."

"Well, I'm helping you. At this time, you should keep yourself warm."

"Thank you. I'm feeling better. Now, go."

"Ah you are so loud. What's so wrong my lying down beside you? I am not doing anything wrong with you. You are having periods; I have no way to do anything with you, do I?"

She blushes and looks at me with fake anger. Oh dear, I think I am getting to know you little by little.

"I'll go once you fall asleep, okay? Now relax."

She stops moving and stares at the ceiling. Half of my body is under the blanket. I am amazed that my wolf is quiet. He is happy to stay so close to our mate. We are sleeping on the same bed under the same blanket and our bodies are touching each other. But my wolf is not getting excited like other times. He understands the situation and letting me comfort our mate in the human form.

I see her tears are coming out of her eyes. "Hey! What happened?"

"It hurts." she whispers. "Thank you for staying with me and to comfort me."

"Fima, you always feel lonely, right? That's why, these little acts of kindness make you cry and crave for more."

She looks surprised. "I guess so. I never paid attention to what I feel." she looks at the ceiling again.

I get closer to her; my nose is almost touching her cheek. "I want you to pay attention to your feelings from now on and tell me what you feel. Never feel lonely because I am here with you."

She blushes but doesn't look at me.

"Though you are older, you are cute and innocent like a child." I chuckle. She glares again and pushes my face away from her with her hand.

"Yes, I am older and you should show your respect to me properly, got that?"

I laugh loudly. It's fun to tease her.

After some silence she says, "Zach, I miss my family so much... Today I saw Nathan's Cousin Will getting bullied by some teen aged boys. Poor Will was crying. He made me remember my youngest brother. It was so heart crushing to see him crying."

Bullying! I know that omegas get bullied sometimes. But the occurrences are getting more and more frequent nowadays.

"They were saying something like omega thing." She turns her face to me, "Zach, I heard that you are going to be the next leader of the society. You already have influence over them and they all trust you. Please take steps to stop it. If the omegas are weak, shouldn't you be more careful and protective towards them? They are also human beings. They get hurt too. Please do something to protect them and make them more useful to the society. The generation you are going to lead should know kindness and manners. Don't you think so? Please teach the strong ones to be kind and protective to the weak. "

Her eyes are getting droopy. I think she is going to fall asleep. What she said is true. I should be more attentive to my pack.

"Yeah, you're right. I should be more attentive and I will be. I'll look into this matter tomorrow."

"Thanks."

I smile. "Would I sing a lullaby for you?"

"I'm not a child."