Chapter- 48

-Fima-

I need to get out of this cursed place. What are they?

They are demons! This place is cursed!

I feel cold under my feet as they're touching the cold pitched road. Where I'm running to I don't know. I just know that I need to get out of here. The sun has already set and hundreds of wolves are howling all around the forest.

I want to go to my parents. They were the ones who forbade me to marry Zach but I didn't listen to them. Will they accept me after hearing what I had done?

Wait a minute!

My feet slow down. Am I regretting marrying Zach? How could that be? I love him dearly. And my children... I love them so much. I love a monster and gave birth to its children whom I love so much.

I don't know how much path I have crossed and for how long I am running. The trees beside the road seems wobbling. My head is spinning so much that I vomit once again.

The howls are getting nearer. What will they do to me once they catch me? Are they gonna kill me or capture me for my whole life since I know their secret?

Why did you hide this from me, Zach? You deceived me. I hate you so much... No, I hate myself so much. Why have I fallen in love with you?

Suddenly a flash of light blinds my eyes. I hide my eyes and try to get up. I need to escape. I loved them so much and now they're gonna kill me. I try to run but my feet are shaking.

"Fima?"

It's a familiar voice. Someone has gotten off of the car and walking towards me.

"Fima! What the f*ck happened? Why are you like this?" I heard Eric's anxious voice.

There's a sudden silence in the whole surrounding. I grab Eric's hands and whisper in a shaky voice, "Eric, we need to run. Please help me, save me. They're probably gonna kill me."

Eric stares at me for some moments then grabs my shoulder to support me. He helps me to get into the car. When the car starts, I realize that the forest has gone silent as those scary howls have already stopped.

I whisper again, "Move faster, please." My tears are rolling down nonstop.

I feel pain all over my body and in my heart and it hurts so much.

-Eric-

"Just what's going on? Why's she in this awful state?" I know I'm glaring at Nathan who is standing in front of me with a down expression.

Today Nathan suddenly called me over the phone and begged for help. He told me that something bad had happened to Fima. I need to go to their place and fetch her. I couldn't believe until I saw her vomiting on the cold road. She was reeking of gas and vomit, her hair was messy and she looked terrified. I took her to a small clinic nearby. It took less than ten minutes to fill a form and I saw that Nathan and Zach hurriedly walking towards me.

"You know how mentally distressed she was after giving birth to Alexis. We all thought that she's improving but today... I don't know what happened. She tried to kill her children." Nathan says with a low voice.

Whoa! This shocks me. "Wha- What the heck are you saying? She tried to kill...?" I rub the temple of my forehead with my fingers. Nowadays, I am already in so much pain with my current job and I can feel that another mess is gonna be added in to my plate. "Are you saying the truth?"

Nathan nods. I look at Zach who is standing at the end of the corridor with some doctors. He is looking very calm while talking to them.

Nathan says, "Sorry to get you involved in this mess. But I think she is getting more and more delusional. She's not allowing Zach, me or anyone around her to get closer to her. She's calling us monsters I don't know why. But please don't tell anyone that she attempted to murder her children or else cops will take her away. Zach is trying to control the situation."