Chapter 18

(Dear readers, sorry for late update. I was busy with my office works. Besides, I had fever on my weekend. So, I am updating two chapters together. So, enjoy reading them. Thank you for your patience and support.- Fspinkey)

-Zach-

I woke up with the most beautiful smell of the world. It's like crashing thousands of flower petals to just produce one drop of perfume. This one drop is enough to make you go crazy. So, anyone can guess how it feels like if you are sitting in front of the whole perfume bottle.

It's getting harder and harder for me to move my eyes from Fima. She is sitting in front of me and having her breakfast. She has taken shower and dried her hair. But still the hair is damp closer to her scalp. Her smell was lighter yester night. I think her period is over and her smell is back to track ten times stronger. I think I should not transform now or the situation may go out of control and I may mark her without thinking anything else. Sirius has already gone crazy and making a mess inside my head.

"Ugh!" I sound helplessly and she looks at me.

Oh! Her deep black eyes are so alluring and her skin is glowing more than any other days. Her crimson lips are moistened and plumped. Her neck is inviting me to have a bite on it to mark her as mine. Is this how a mate looks in one's eyes?

"Hey, what happened? Are you alright? Eat your breakfast." She is looking at me with her big black eyes. Oh, she's so cute.

Why am I waiting to mark her? Sirius is getting restless. I know my beast instinct for mating but my mate doesn't. I wish she were a werewolf like me. Then, we wouldn't need to wait for the right time to claim her and to mate with her.

I gulp the words 'marking' and 'mating' and say yes. After the Sara incident, she has been irritated at me and talking lesser to me. She's still angry. I didn't do anything. Can't you let the past events go?

I can't help following her. I just want to go wherever she is. But my father stops me. I need to do my pack duties. After the meeting with Kingstons, there are a lot of works to do. I drag Nathan with me as I am going to appoint him as one of my advisors. Though his wolf is weak, he's an intelligent person. I don't know why, but Nelson also supported me in this decision. Besides his mate is one of the strongest warriors. She fought for the position of third -in-command but lost and became the warrior.

I sigh and jump into my duties.

***

I couldn't stay with her for a long time neither yesterday nor today.

"Dad, can't you do these tasks by yourself? All these times, you were the one handling this. So why not now?"

"Aren't you the one who decided to engage yourself in pack duties and become a perfect alpha? So stop complaining and do your job."

I roll my eyes. "Gosh! You are so heartless, dad."

At night I couldn't handle my restlessness anymore and go to Fima's room with my favorite pillow.

-Fima-

I was going through my notes when I hear two soft knocks on my room's door. Who's it? I open the door and... Ta da! The Hero of Sara's dream, Zach, is here. He is wearing a white t-shirt on which a sleeping SpongeBob is painted and shorts up to his knees. He's holding a pillow in his hand. Seeing the pillow in his hand, a bad premonition hits me.

His long blonde hair is messily resting on his wide shoulder and wide chest. He is giving off a sweet smell. The smell is somewhat dizzying and it twists something inside me, making me thirsty for something that I don't know. I just know that only he is capable of quenching that strange thirst. I sigh and ask,