⁰⁰⁴ the cruciatus curse

❝ can i have a look at uranus, too, lavender ? ❞

uranus, too, lavender ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE FIVE FRIENDS WALKED ALONG THE HALLWAYS on the way to their next class, defence against the dark arts. there was a quiet buzz of voices as they pushed open the door; hermione leading the way as she clutched her books to her chest - maeve, ron, levi and harry trailing behind. "i can't believe you said that, ron." maeve shook her head at her bestfriend, trying to stop laughing.

"what? what did he say?" levi asked curiously: as he did not take divination with the others.

"well, we were learning about our birth charts— and the positions the planets were in when we were born—" maeve began to explain. "and ronald over here, decided it would be a good idea to ask lavender 'to look at her anus.'"

levi choked in disbelief, bursting out laughing. "no he didn't!"

"it's not funny, levi!" hermione scolded. "that was so inappropriate of you, ronald!"

"hermione's right! don't you understand how uncomfortable you could've made her feel?"

"you're such a fucking hypocrite, maeve! you're laughing!" levi protested, snickering into his sleeve as they rounded the tables— hermione and maeve moving to sit at their desk together. "stop sucking up to hermione!"

"i'm not sucking up to her. don't be jealous that i'm her favourite." maeve replied smugly, lowering her bag onto the floor by her feet.

"—maeve promised that she would study with me if i'm nice to her for a week." hermione spoke up. "so you idiots can go ahead and play your silly little games, while we indulge in knowledge."

"worst deal i've ever made..." maeve groaned, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"well, too late. we've got to get ready for our exams!" the girl pursed her lips defiantly. "your future is at stake!"

"i don't need studies to be an artist, hermione."

"alright, magenta comstock." levi mocked.

"who's magenta comstock?" harry asked.

"just some wizarding artist." maeve dismissed.

mad eye moody burst into the classroom, stopping in front of the chalkboard, where he began to hastily scribble down his name. "alistor moody. ex-auror. ministry mal-content. i'm your new defence against the dark arts teacher. i'm here because dumbledore asked of me. end of story. goodbye, the end." he snapped bluntly.