⁰³⁴ love and war

warning — sexual content

❝ you don't fucking know how it feels ! ❞

❝ you don't fucking
know how it feels !

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

FOR SOME REASON, maeve had been in a bad mood for the whole week, and it was getting tiresome. harry and ginny were sure it was just cormac mclaggen getting into her head— but then they also had ron to worry about. he had also been in a foul, self-deprecating mood, and with both of their attitudes mixed together, it had been negatively affecting the gryffindor team's quidditch practices.

and with the last practice before their first match, and slughorn's dinner party, nothing seemed to be going as planned.

ron had failed to save every single goal the chasers aimed at him, and maeve had failed to whack the beaters even at least a foot away. you would think her increasing aggression would make for an improvement in gameplay, but instead, it seemed like she really could not he bothered to try— and prefer to sulk.

both ron and maeve had even reduced demelza robins to tears during their frustrated episodes.

and what was worse, was cormac mclaggen seemed to be enjoying every moment of this— leering around the quidditch pitch when he knew gryffindor was having their practices, just to get under maeve's skin, and spend some time with hermione— who insisted on sitting freezing cold in the stands for every practice.

"enough!" shouted harry, after maeve had just aggressively flipped off her fellow beater, jimmy peakes.

harry had thought playing quidditch would reduce some of her anger— not amplify it. and the problem was, maeve was usually one of the kindest and calmest people he knew— so neither him, nor ginny, nor ron, nor luna knew how to calm her down effectively.

only hermione did, and that was usually the last resort— placing a soft kiss to her temples, or stroking her thumb against the dorsal of her hands.

"peakes, go pack up the bludgers! demelza, pull yourself together, you played really well today. ron, maeve..." he beckoned them over after they landed back on the ground, trudging towards him. "look, you're both my best mates, but carry on treating the rest of the team like this, and i'm gonna have to kick you both off."

"i resign. i'm pathetic." ron mumbled with a sigh.

"you're not pathetic, and you're not resigning!" harry exclaimed fiercely, seizing the red-head by the front of his jersey.

"well i didn't want to play on this stupid team anyway, so i'll just g—" maeve rolled her eyes.

"don't you dare!" harry snapped. "you're a bloody good beater when you're concentrating and you actually try, it's a mental problem that you've got!"