⁰⁵¹ return to the burrow

❝ saint-like

❝ saint-like. i'm holey, fred !

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MAEVE RUBBED HER EYES AS SHE FELT HER FEET hit the ground, and people shouting from inside of the burrow. her vision was blurred and she frowned, before realising it was because of the harry's glasses on her face. she removed them, sighing and relishing in the fact that she was finally back in her own skin.

then, she was bombarded by her girlfriend for the second time that day — hermione jumping into her arms and wrapping her arms around her neck, burrowing her face into the crook. "merlin, we were all so worried— i thought that something had happened." she pulled away from her, fussing with the fabric of maeve's clothes. "are you okay? are you hurt?"

"i'm alright, i'm alright," the foster girl assured, with an amused half smile. "though now, i'm pretty sure my arm is dislocated."

"shut up." hermione smiled.

"are we the last back?" perseus asked, approaching the house where the others were waiting.

"no," ginny replied. "we're still waiting for bill, fleur, mad-eye and mundungus."

"what kept you? what happened?" hermione asked, worriedly, starting to fuss again. "are you sure you're okay—?"

"hermione granger, i swear on my entire life. i'm fine." maeve quickly assured once again, kissing the girl's forehead.

the rest of them began to recount stories of their own journeys, and maeve helped mrs weasley and her mother clean george up — who was lying limply on the sofa, shirt stained with blood.

"how're you feeling, georgie?" fred asked, kneeling down next to him.

"saint-like." george murmured.

"come again?" fred frowned, perplexed.

"saint-like. i'm holy." george repeated. "i'm holey, fred." he revealed a strained smile, pointing at his bloody ear. "get it?"

fred shook his head, chuckling softly. "the whole wide world of ear-related humour, and you go for 'i'm holey?' that's pathetic."

"reckon i'm still better looking than you, though." the boy retorted.

there was the sound of flapping wings outside, and a thestral soared into sight, landing a few feet in front of the burrow. bill and fleur slid from its back, windswept but unhurt.

"bill! thank god, thank god—!" mrs weasley cried, rushing towards him.

"mad-eye's dead." bill stepped forward solemnly, and nobody moved. "mundungus took one look at voldemort and disapparated."