⁰¹⁰ the second task

❝ potentially problematic ? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"HARRY! YOU TOLD ME that you had figured out that stupid egg weeks ago!" maeve scolded irritably, shaking her head as the two bestfriends watched the view from the bridge.

"i lied, okay?" harry shrugged.

the blonde scoffed. "yeah, i think i can see that now, potter! i can't believe you, the second task is only two days from now!"

"really? i had no idea." he spoke with sarcasm.

"don't give me that." maeve rolled her eyes. "this is serious! i bet stupid viktor's already figured it out. did you ask hermione?"

harry shook his head. "no, i didn't. maybe you should ask her yourself."

"we're not speaking." the blonde informed defiantly, staring forward. "it is a bit annoying, actually. . ."

"then maybe apologise to her."

"maybe she should apologise to me."

"right, well you're not gonna get anywhere by not saying anything."

"and you're not gonna get anywhere without trying to figure out that bloody egg." maeve said. "and you've got no room to talk. what about diggory? i don't see you rushing to talk to him." she crossed her arms.

"that's different, you and hermione are friends. me and cedric are just. . . acquaintances i suppose."

"well, your 'acquaintance' is coming this way!"

"hey, potter!" cedric called, slightly jogging towards the pair.

maeve swung her bag over her shoulder, deciding to leave them to it. "see you." she nodded with a smirk and a wave, heading into the opposite direction.

"I'VE DONE IT! i've figured it out!" harry cheered happily, almost leaping on top of maeve as he rushed towards her in the hallway, a huge grin plastered on his face.

"the egg?"

"well, no, actually, yes—"

giving him a bored look, the foster girl crossed her arms. "harry!"

"yes, i've figured out the egg. . . partially, but almost. but that's not what i wanted to talk to you about."

maeve raised an eyebrow, carrying on down the corridor towards the library. "proceed."

"i've found a way to sort out our hermione-cedric situation."

"will you keep your voice down please?" maeve hissed, sending him an anxious look before turning her head around, checking to see if anyone was listening.